• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Where to Find Simon the Sorceror 5: Who’d Want Contact?!

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2008-06-22

PM

I’m trying to find Simon the Sorceror 5: Who’d Want Contact?! It’s no longer available on GamersGate or the AdventureShop, and I can’t find it on ebay or amazon. Any suggestions?

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

It doesn’t seem to be sold digitally any longer for some reason. The only way to get it seems to be via second hand: http://www.amazon.com/Simon-sorcerer-5-premium/dp/B00439G0GC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345141428&sr=8-2&keywords=pc+Simon+the+Sorcerer+5

Why would you want it anyway, though? Personally I didn’t like neither the third nor the fourth game, so I’d be surprised if the fifth (which this is the first I’ve ever heard of it) should be any good. But to each his own of course, different tastes and all Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 16 August 2012 02:27 PM

Why would you want it anyway, though? Personally I didn’t like neither the third nor the fourth game, so I’d be surprised if the fifth (which this is the first I’ve ever heard of it) should be any good. But to each his own of course, different tastes and all Smile

so i totally agree with your statement Nielsen.

philthethrill and you will be surprised how the 4th would be considered a masterpiece comparing to the 5th Smile

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2008-06-22

PM

philthethrill and you will be surprised how the 4th would be considered a masterpiece comparing to the 5th

I actually played the 4th game and I liked it. That’s why I want to play the 5th game.

It doesn’t seem to be sold digitally any longer for some reason. The only way to get it seems to be via second hand: http://www.amazon.com/Simon-sorcerer-5-premium/dp/B00439G0GC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345141428&sr=8-2&keywords=pc+Simon+the+Sorcerer+5

That’s too expensive. To be honest with you, I found a pirated copy that I’m now using. You can ban me if you want, but $76.00 is way too expensive for a game. Why isn’t it available for digital download anymore? I would have paid the $31 for it. In my honest opinion, adventure games new and old should be available for purchase at reasonable prices. It would also be nice if patches were available to make the old Windows 95 games work on a Windows 7 machine. That’s just my 2 cents. Boys, ban me!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Perhaps the developer and IP holder went bankrupt and thereby the product isn’t available anymore? Who knows!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

believe me Its not worth it, it is the worst in the series .
and yeah the 4th was really something

Total Posts: 288

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

This is the biggest danger of buying digital download games.  The right to download (and/or activate) any game can be taken away at any time.  I bought Simon 5 from gamersgate a while back on sale, but had not gotten around to playing it yet.  Bad move on my part since I’m no longer able to activate my paid for copy.  Meh

Even if it is a bad adventure game, I did pay for the right to play it.  Oh well, lesson learned!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is Terrible but i remember the guys at GamersGate (Contacts) are really helpful.

if you send this debate they will react for sure, i had a Crashing issue (3 years) with Still life 2 and, i sent them mails and mails, and they always reply fast and decently and at the end they offered me to choose another game and i guess that was great because the problem was with my machine not with their Copy.

maybe you should Try that, they will ask about some Infos, but if you are keeping your old Emails you will find there All that needed.

at least you should Give it a shot because that is really a Rip-Off man !!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Advie, you said “that is Terrible but i remember the guys at GamersGate (Contacts) are really helpful.”  Well, that hasn’t been the case for me.  I have been writing them about getting help unlocking the game since 8-13-12 and I have sent them my password, log-in name etc, and finally sent them a print screen showing them that I bought the game, and they still haven’t gotten back to me.  I doubt if I will ever buy anything from them again.  I did finally go to a site where if you owned the game you could put in a different thing (can’t remember the word for it now) into the folder and you could play the game, but, after doing that, the game really played slow, so I took it out.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

mbday630 - 26 August 2012 07:40 AM

I did finally go to a site where if you owned the game you could put in a different thing (can’t remember the word for it now) into the folder and you could play the game, but, after doing that, the game really played slow, so I took it out.

You mean a crack? That shouldn’t make your game run slow. I would definitely consider finding a decent crack if you can and playing it - there should be no moral or legal objection, considering you’ve bought it. Many gamers do this with their bought games just to avoid annoying copy protection.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Advie, you said “that is Terrible but i remember the guys at GamersGate (Contacts) are really helpful.”  Well, that hasn’t been the case for me.  I have been writing them about getting help unlocking the game since 8-13-12 and I have sent them my password, log-in name etc, and finally sent them a print screen showing them that I bought the game, and they still haven’t gotten back to me.  I doubt if I will ever buy anything from them again.  I did finally go to a site where if you owned the game you could put in a different thing (can’t remember the word for it now) into the folder and you could play the game, but, after doing that, the game really played slow, so I took it out.

I have a crack for the game and its work just fine. PM me if you interested.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

thanks Ingsoc.  I just PM’d you.  that will really help.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Advie, you said “that is Terrible but i remember the guys at GamersGate (Contacts) are really helpful.”  Well, that hasn’t been the case for me.  I have been writing them about getting help unlocking the game since 8-13-12 and I have sent them my password, log-in name etc, and finally sent them a print screen showing them that I bought the game, and they still haven’t gotten back to me.

i am sorry to hear this, but my experience with them is different , but then that was more than three years ago, People Changes , so i wouldn’t be surprised about Digital Distribution Agents.

you should listen to Oscar , i remember something similar with Perry Rhodan, i had the original Digital copy but i still needed to find a crack to Run it.

i guess these thing happens due to the New Operation System (Win7 and others) that wasn’t there when a game was Out ,but you know what that SUCKS, new OS should always be able to work older Game like a piece of Cake!!!

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 16 August 2012 04:00 PM

Perhaps the developer and IP holder went bankrupt and thereby the product isn’t available anymore? Who knows!

It does seem like the publisher gone bankrupt.

http://www.the-games-company.com/

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ingsoc - 26 August 2012 12:49 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 16 August 2012 04:00 PM

It does seem like the publisher gone bankrupt.

http://www.the-games-company.com/

Ffffuuu!!!!,
Not really concerning this Issue we are talking about but i wanted to mention that we had a big lack of Developers…. now something that wasn’t expected by any chance this Lack of Publishers ,as for instance the Case with The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura and Black Sails.

Though Lace Mamba Global Ltd, is doing a GREAT Job , but we can not expect it to Publish Everything.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top