• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 15 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Seven Days of Lovecraft, Day 2: Discworld Noir! Just when you thought a noir investigation, a werewolf story and a serial killer mystery were a lot for one game, it had to add a Lovecraftian element, with Nylonathotep (a somewhat lazy pun on Nyarlathotep) attacking Ankh-Morpork.

(And I’m in a hurry, so that’s all I’ll say right now. But yeah, great game, etc.)

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I wouldn’t have recognised the screenshot but I loved Discworld Noir - I still have the Playstation version which was one of the earliest Adventure games I played & hooked me enough to keep playing more!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Discworld Noir is one of the greatest and funniest adventures I had a privilege to play. It excels in every department (story, characters, humo(u)r & sarcasm & cynicism, graphics, music, gameplay, puzzles, length… you name it). I’ve played it only twice, but it was magnificent both times.

I recommend it to all the AGers, and if you had already played it many times before do yourself a favo(u)r and watch the ingenious playthrough made by TheRussianGestapo (it’s chock-full of game trivia and funny, often hilarious, comments).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The most quotable game => great writing, and it’s a shame that the duo Barnett/Bateman didn’t do more adventure games.

On the puzzle department, it might get too strenuous at times but its clue system is something which had to be adopted and further developed by later games.

Thanx for reminding me I need to watch Discworld movies sitting on my disk. AND to play Discworld 2. Gasp

(BTW, how about a new adventure game preferably by Daedalic, based on a new Discworld book? Yum)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I could never get into DWN quite as much as the original DW games. I wasn’t fond of Lewton and the main actor, an American just feels rather out of place in Ankh-Morpork.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Awesome game!

Yet I wouldn’t have recognized the screenshot. And I played this in the community playthrough a mere six months ago…  Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Oscar - 15 August 2012 04:52 PM

I could never get into DWN quite as much as the original DW games. I wasn’t fond of Lewton and the main actor, an American just feels rather out of place in Ankh-Morpork.

But Rob Brydon’s voice work in these games are brilliant! Gasp

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

DustyShinigami - 16 August 2012 09:03 AM
Oscar - 15 August 2012 04:52 PM

But Rob Brydon’s voice work in these games are brilliant! Gasp

Oh, he’s a good actor, I just prefer Rincewind and Eric Idle. Plus I’m not a big fan of anything ‘noir’. I liked the game, just not much as Discworld 1 and 2.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Discworld Noir is in my top ten list of all-time favourite games. The recent playthrough of DN was one of the best. Mini Smile The Dungeon Dimensions were mentioned more in the earlier Discworld books, when Sir Terry was still parodying the fantasy genre.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top