• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

temporaryscars - 09 August 2012 04:21 PM

Cropping is cheating. Frown

No, the point is to post the screen that is not too easy to guess. You wouldn’t believe what kind of tactics have some of the members been using, including cropping, editing, erasing parts of the screen, character etc. Here’s an example

temporaryscars - 09 August 2012 04:32 PM

Oh, btw, POST A NEW SCREEN ALREADY!!!

Be patient, no need to be so fussy and use caps lock for no reason. Shifty Eyed Confused The poster doesn’t have to post the next scene right away, it can be in the time span of one or two days, and believe me some have taken even longer. 

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

temporaryscars - 09 August 2012 04:46 PM

Anything that makes it harder for me to guess is cheating. Wink

I guess you won’t be taking part in any of the screenshot quizzes then as they are full of ‘cheating’!

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

SweetDalilah - 09 August 2012 04:53 PM
temporaryscars - 09 August 2012 04:21 PM

Cropping is cheating. Frown

No, the point is to post the screen that is not too easy to guess. You wouldn’t believe what kind of tactics have some of the members been using, including cropping, editing, erasing parts of the screen, character etc. Here’s an example

Be patient, no need to be so fussy and use caps lock for no reason. Shifty Eyed Confused The poster doesn’t have to post the next scene right away, it can be in the time span of one or two days, and believe me some have taken even longer. 

Yeah, and that’s why this thread keeps dying. What’s keeping you from posting one? Are terrorists holding your prnt scrn button ransom?

I have a fever, and the only cure is…more screenshots….

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

temporaryscars - 09 August 2012 05:46 PM

Yeah, and that’s why this thread keeps dying. What’s keeping you from posting one? Are terrorists holding your prnt scrn button ransom?

The thread doesn’t keep dying - it just goes on hold for a while & what’s the hurry (haven’t you got anything else in life?)- there’s just no need to be so impatient & nasty!

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

temporaryscars - 09 August 2012 05:46 PM

You know it takes time to find a suitable screenshot Shifty Eyed . I won’t just post the first screen I find, like you did Meh

Anyway here’s the next screen, I don’t want to keep the hordes waiting Sarcastic

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

ROTFL!! Forgive me for laughing in caps, SweetD, but I suddenly remembered your first posts in this thread when you joined the AG forums. Do you, I wonder?  Tongue The charitable thing to do is give this feverish guy your turn.  Innocent

EDIT: And then she posted the next screenshot while my back was turned…

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sweet D,
That looks like it might come from Sinking Island.

Zobraks,
Ewww!  I didn’t realize how bloody Rhiana Rouge is.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 August 2012 07:18 PM

Zobraks,
Ewww!  I didn’t realize how bloody Rhiana Rouge is.

I think you did, but you forgot: LuckyEddie SuperEdy had a gorier picture from RR in one of his Nemesis rounds.

@ temporaryscars: Patience is a virtue!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Fien - 09 August 2012 06:38 PM

ROTFL!! Forgive me for laughing in caps, SweetD, but I suddenly remembered your first posts in this thread when you joined the AG forums. Do you, I wonder?  Tongue The charitable thing to do is give this feverish guy your turn.  Innocent

EDIT: And then she posted the next screenshot while my back was turned…

Yes, but I asked politely (not rudely like this guy did), and I also remember how harsh your reaction was to the newcomer (me). Shifty Eyed Don’t have double standards, Fien. Pan So, no I don’t think so, besides he didn’t ask to post a new screen, he just demanded a new one to be posted. And he just had his turn, I don’t think someone can have two turns in a row. And not to mention that I have gladly given my turn already a few times.

P.S. I posted a new screen long before your post, LOL Grin

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 August 2012 07:18 PM

Sweet D,
That looks like it might come from Sinking Island.

Sorry Lady K, I didn’t see your post, you are correct, of course.  Thumbs Up  Laughing  Wink

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That one was just a guess based on the cracks in the tile floor and the over all color of the shot.

I’ll be back asap with a screenie.

Zobraks,
I had forgotten about SE’s screenshot. 

This one has been cropped a bit, but shouldn’t be too difficult to identify:

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Ugh…I don’t know. Tomb Raider?

Ha, ok, late to the game I guess. Glad somebody else got it.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hey, what is this thread doing at the top of the page? Laughing

Is it Nibiru, LadyK?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Ughhhh, you got it.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, but I asked politely (not rudely like this guy did), and I also remember how harsh your reaction was to the newcomer (me). Shifty Eyed Don’t have double standards, Fien. Pan So, no I don’t think so, besides he didn’t ask to post a new screen, he just demanded a new one to be posted. And he just had his turn, I don’t think someone can have two turns in a row. And not to mention that I have gladly given my turn already a few times.

If saying something like Oh, btw, POST A NEW SCREEN ALREADY!!! is rude, then ninety percent of the AG regulars are rude. If saying something like “Yes, I do mind” is harsh, then ninety percent of the AG regulars are harsh. Rude and harsh are in the eye of the beholder. Some of the exchanges between you and Zobraks might be considered rude and offensive. I know, you’re gonna tell me that’s humor. So humor is in the eye of the beholder too, I guess.

No, he didn’t ask if he could post a new screen. I saw a parallel, that’s all.
Yes, I can see double standards everywhere, sometimes my own as well.

P.S. I posted a new screen long before your post, LOL Grin

Yeah, but if you’re reading a couple of posts, like I was, you have to press F5 to see it.  Tongue

PS: Oh, and please don’t get me wrong. Rude is my middle name. That won’t stop me from defending people if I feel they’re attacked unfairly.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top