• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 30 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I know the arguments against it: it talks too much, you have to replay it 12 billion times to find the ending… I don’t care. Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors is an unforgettable ride and I love it to bits.

(Also it really doesn’t talk too much. The characters are fumbling because they’ve been abducted and they have a device strapped to their wrists that could blow them up any second. If you expect them to be talking straight and to the point in these conditions, you’re an idiot.)

(And the multiple replays to find the right path are a fantastic meta-puzzle once accept its rules. It does get a bit tedious after a while, but the ability to skip conversations you’ve already read helps a lot, and the pay-off makes it all worth it.)

(And no, the irony of my writing that previous comment after my posts in this thread hasn’t escaped it. I blame Stockholm syndrome — quite literally in this case. Tongue )

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Never could get into that game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump* (sorry, I’m behind with my posting and I don’t like to “skip” threads - blame my OCPD)

Brilliant game! Gripped me immediately and I couldn’t put it down until I’d found ALL the endings… One of my absolute favourite DS games!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top