• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

July Casual Games

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

rtrooney - 01 August 2012 07:27 PM

For me, it’s simple bottom line equation. I play at least one game/month, and if I only pay $6.99 for it rather than $9.99, I’m $36.00 ahead at the end of the year. If I see one more game/month that I “must” play because of a rave review I saw here, which frequently happens, that’s a potential additionl $36.00 in savings. And, if by being a “member” I have access to the occasional $2.99 and $4.99/game sale…..?

For me, I usually pick games up on deep discount (I’m an avid watcher/contributor of the discount thread).  It’s not unusual to get a AAA game from Steam or elsewhere for $5 that may give you 10 to 20 hours of play or more.  So, for me personally, I would never pay $7 much less $10 for a game that’s only going to offer 2-3 hours of play usually.  However, I do enjoy casual games and I’m happy to pay $3 for one.  So, that’s why I’m not a member.  I just pick up games from the $3 sales that are available to non-members.  If you wait around, the game you want almost always goes on sale eventually.  I usually end up getting a couple of games a month for less than the monthly membership, which is just one game.  Amazon will also sometimes offer good sales on casual games (like the recent first 3 Women’s Murder Club games for $7).

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

To each their own. Everyone has their own way of finding the best deal. I just do what is easiest for me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Thanks for the clarification, I didn’t notice the membership fee included a game. I tried looking for the info but only found a short notice that didn’t mention it. It isn’t a bad deal like that but I just don’t like membership fees in general. I guess I could join this club at some point when there are some good deals. Those punch cards give free games too etc. But I just did a resolution for the rest of the summer to avoid even the smaller expenses, I went a bit too crazy with the summer sales.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top