• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure (Puzzle) Scene/Shot - Part 1

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

With Kuru Game dedicated Scenes Posts and Threads i thought of adding/creating another similar one but sorta in a different prescriptive.

Game Puzzle Scene of the ....

Important Puzzle Scenes which tell and be memorized all with just the 1st look , seeing/remembering how was our perceptions to them back then;
was it was good,bad - Fair,illogical - memorable,worthless - fun,Boring - Hard,Easy.....etc

ALL thoughts that had been considered while playing/trying to figure your way through this Puzzle, and how would you look at it now .
Anyways

i wanted to start with that game that has a 13 different endings BLADE RUNNER (and actually i witnessed 5 of them)  .

this scene shows the (in story & the Gameplaying) the 1st Puzzle in the trails of actions and choices that will make Roy Mccoy decide later on which side he stands, whether he emphasizes those skinjobs or he is just doing his job as the bounty hunter .

the 1st thing that came to my mind when i tried this game for the 1st time is to just kill/shoot that sanov’bitch
but it took a little while and i restored a previous Save and started understanding the game’s choices that provides ; the option to emphasize (unholester my gun) and let ‘em (that skin Job) Be , and how it effects that train of consequences and my ideas (about those Androids and myself as well) through the game really got to me.

this Puzzle was really different , a puzzle with action/shooting?! (how odd) , someone wont consider it a puzzle at all, but with what the game provides of information before you get into that situation makes is a puzzle but unique , a sort of the usual one that gives the player the choice to decide the solution , not just offering a one way out of it as all the Adventures puzzles are like.

Blade Runner is one of the games that i can surly say it has some such unique Puzzles , that i hadn’t seen in any other Adventure, its one of a kind (Simply speaking)

P.S: Thanks kuru i wouldnt have thought of this without your Daily Effort and dedication.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 23 July 2012 03:54 AM

i wanted to start with that game that has a 13 different endings BLADE RUNNER (and actually i witnessed 5 of them)  .

13 different endings just a urban legend you witnessed 5 of them coz that’s all you can get the others are slight differences doesnt change scenes:

1.Mccoy goes alone(let steele blast or let her kill or shoot Lucy or Dektora)
2.”    ” with Steele(warn steele,kill reps)
3.        ”  Lucy(kill Steele)
4.          Dektora   “
5.          reps(differs reps due to your choices)

The variations:
Lucy,Dektora,Mccoy rep or not
Steele killed by reps or Mccoy..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 23 July 2012 05:52 AM

1.Mccoy goes alone(let steele blast or let her kill or shoot Lucy or Dektora)
2.”    ” with Steele(warn steele,kill reps)
3.        ”  Lucy(kill Steele)
4.          Dektora   “
5.          reps(differs reps due to your choices)

well Gabe i cant get really your short slang statements ,
but let me try this:

-he escape earth with the Androids (Dektora) (Roy is Android)

-double cross the androids, Kill them all and Gaffe appear like in the Movie (Roy Not Sure who he is)

-he kill the Androids under Steels’s threat (give up and continue his bounty huntings)

-he get to Lucy and escape with her. (roy is Android but still attached to his human feelings)

-Lucy Killed by Steel and he escapes with Crystal. (Roy is lost and surrender to his fate which doest matter who he is any more)

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Well come to think of it actually there are three endings;Mccoy leaves LA with car or leaves to off-world with moonbus or stays in the Kipple.
What changes is who he goes with and who’s rep or not.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are right but what you have mentioned Gabe,are only the consequences for Roy’s actions which are surly TRUE! ,but come to look at it,underneath each one (somethings more important/deep imo) the story reveals Roy’s previous decisions and motivations and where does he really stand ....

1.he emphasizes those Nexus-6s and sees himself no different from them or
2.he does not accept or want believe the idea that he is anything compares to them(Androids),his Life , dead wife ,Dog , and all his memories all are true and this
3.stands in between both behaviors (unsure) trying get back to his beliefs before taking the Assignment and Move on

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

game noodle - 24 July 2012 03:30 PM

this game looks really good what console or gaming system is needed to play it?

its originally (late 90’s) Runs on PC with 4 CDs .... but beware becuse we are talking about the 90’s era ,i dont know if it was made later on to work on other consoles , and as well hear lots of crashing’s issues considering working it on Win7 or Vista!

but you can follow this link from the archived forums about this issue (it might helps)
http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30597&highlight=blade+runner+win7

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top