• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Can we have another Gemini Rue thread?

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

So I finally played Gemini Rue - there didn’t seem to be a thread in it over the last few weeks, that I could find, so I thought I’d start a new one - and though I finished it in one sitting (COULD NOT STOP PLAYING), this is one of the best adventures I’ve played in a long time.

And not because it’s a tried and true classic 2D point and click, but because everything about it was just amazing! The atmosphere in both the music and the locations was great, the graphics were great, I thought the voice acting was brilliant, the story was great.

I don’t know if it was the creators intention, but I felt like I was playing Beneath a Steel Sky.

The only thing I didn’t like, was Sayuri’s little speech at the very end of the game seemed a little cheesy, but that is a very minor complaint; on the whole this was an amazing game.

Any other fans? And, if you haven’t played it, you definitely should!

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

There was a huge thread in the old forum.

I LOVED this game.

You should spoiler tag the part about Sayuri’s speech Smile

By the way, anyone know

What happened to the facility in the one year after Delta 7’s escape? When you return the place is full of dead bodies, and is in decay, but its never explained how or why

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

Quick question. I have the game on Steam and started it up recently, but it displays letterboxed even on a widescreen monitor (so it’s double-plus wide). Should it be filling the whole screen on a widescreen monitor (I think it’s 1920x1200, I’ll check if necessary) or is it intended to still be letterboxed?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Fantastic game. Great writing, great characters, great mood, just an all around awesome production.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got someway through Gemini Rouge - it really grabbed me but I’ve got to a standstill because I can’t get past the shooting tests. I’ll get back and have lots of other goes but having lots of other goes for me interrupts the flow of the story & then I get bored!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

chrissie - 19 July 2012 05:36 PM

I’ve got someway through Gemini Rouge

Hmm… Gemini Rouge… Great game. Nerd

Oh wait, that was Riana Rouge. Sorry folks, nothing to see here, go back to your conversation. Tongue

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Some people will take any opportunity to post gratuitous shots however irrelevant!  Smile

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

JuntMonkey - 19 July 2012 01:44 PM

Quick question. I have the game on Steam and started it up recently, but it displays letterboxed even on a widescreen monitor (so it’s double-plus wide). Should it be filling the whole screen on a widescreen monitor (I think it’s 1920x1200, I’ll check if necessary) or is it intended to still be letterboxed?

I played it on 1920x1080 and it filled the screen.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Siddhi - 19 July 2012 10:26 PM

I played it on 1920x1080 and it filled the screen.

If it filled the screen, it was stretched. AGS engine games cannot support widescreen resolutions, it’s a limitation of the engine.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

Hmm…so AGS games are supposed to display in 4:3? I have no problem with that if so, but how do I get to display that way?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You need to tell your graphics card to preserve the aspect ratio when stretching graphics. For ATI cards, there’s a trick to access the option. I don’t know where the option is for nvidia cards, but I’m sure it exists.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

For NVIDIA cards there’s an option for that in the NVIDIA control panel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top