• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Old adventure-gamer, looking for some new games to play!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Hi folks,

I’ve recently upgraded my home PC and have started playing some adventure games. It’d been some years that I really hadn’t played any games (my peak period was at the time of Monkey Island 1-2, Leisure Suit Larry, so really long ago!). Anyhow, I enjoyed a lot some of the recent games, especially ones with a twisted plot, excellent storyline and great 3D graphic, some of which were: Overclocked, Still Life 1, Fahrenheit, Dreamfall,...

Can you please suggest me some more games in this categories? I think my taste goes towards games with very good graphics (so more recent I guess), dealing mostly with real humans (rather than cartoonish or sci-fi characters, though I enjoy a bit of sci-fi as you see in my list), preferably not old stories (happening now or in future, modern time!), and not too many complicated puzzles that gets you stuck (I really like to go on with the story and enjoy the story!). I also like crime/mystery games.

Thanks for your help!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hi Swiss .. since you come for the classic era ) there is a Developer Deadalic which is really doing a great job with Modern touches to create the Classic Themes and Adventure again, it has Like 5 Game (Great) released you can try any of them.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

despite your aversion to the past, i would recommend checking out L.A. noire, because it fits all of your other criteria perfectly. (good graphics, real humans, puzzles arent hard, its a crime/mystery game). Its set in 1947.

You should also check out gemini rue, resonance, and the walking dead by telltale.

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

If you liked Overclocked, you should check out it’s developers previous game, ‘The Moment of Silence’.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Apart from your “shouldn’t have old-fashioned graphics” criteria, I feel that Gemini Rue and Resonance fits your other criteria very well. Oh, and Heavy Rain seems to fit the bill perfectly, but you’ll need a Playstation 3 to play it!

Edit: Basically what zane recommended (should learn to read before I write)...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ozzie - 17 July 2012 05:25 PM

Basically what zane recommended (should learn to read before I write)...

i disagree Ozzie (if you would accept this of me as no one asked for my opinion Tongue ).

but i guess the posts/comments (in Generally) through one thread should as mostly recognized to be about / related to the Topic’s (1st Post) ...and then repeating a previous opinion is no harm but on the contrary is very strong, satisfying (thing) for the Topic and the Poster, especially when its just not another “ditto” or “this” (unintended and spontaneous) (just-imho)

many times one can miss the forums for while and get back to find an intersting thread which (was actively) having like 40-50 comments! and to decide either reading them ALL or (skip it) not post, makes many important topics die so soon as if it is a (hidden) rule one should/must go always following the thread (the previous posts) that might had been gone far of the main topic/pointsometimes to be so irrelevantly.

(i mean) that is not totally correct or at least not healthy if you/we want maintain good/important thread alive and positively befitting.

P.S: excuse my the long speech its just more generally speeching than subjecting your comment Ozzie OF COURSE Sarcastic

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

I’m new to this forum too and as I see it’s the best place to share your opinion and learn from other gamers.
I’m not a hardcore gamer but if I play something it’s an adventure game 8/10 times. I also like nice real graphics, a bit of sci-fi (even much of it, hehe) and not so difficult puzzles. My old favorites are Loom, Universe, The Dig and Myst (I-III)(though I don’t like the first-person perspective nowadays so I didn’t manage to continue to IV and V).
So I think you’d like the following games:

1. Secret Files: Tunguska [5 stars]
2. Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis [4 stars]
3. Syberia [4.5 stars]
4. Syberia II [4.5 stars]
5. Alpha Polaris [4 stars] (a bit short, but it’s worth a play)
6. Nibiru - Age of Secrets [4 stars] (this one doesn’t have so nice voice acting though)
7. Chronicles of Mystery (1): The Scorpio Ritual [3.5 stars] (a bit short but okay)
8. Chronicles of Mystery (2): The Tree of Life [4 stars] (much better than the first one)
9. Lost Horizon [3 stars]
10. Memento Mori [3 stars]

Also Perry Rhodan: Myth of the Illochim (or Perry Rhodan: The adventure, or The Immortals of Terra - A Perry Rhodan Adventure) (this one is totally Sci-Fi, I’m playing it now and it seems great). Since I haven’t finished this game I can’t be sure about the rating but I think it’ll be 4 or 4.5 stars.

You can also browse this link http://www.adventuregamers.com/topreviewed/cat/C1  . Hope I helped a bit! Smile

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

p_swiss - 17 July 2012 11:58 AM

Hi folks,

I’ve recently upgraded my home PC and have started playing some adventure games. It’d been some years that I really hadn’t played any games (my peak period was at the time of Monkey Island 1-2, Leisure Suit Larry, so really long ago!). Anyhow, I enjoyed a lot some of the recent games, especially ones with a twisted plot, excellent storyline and great 3D graphic, some of which were: Overclocked, Still Life 1, Fahrenheit, Dreamfall,...

Can you please suggest me some more games in this categories? I think my taste goes towards games with very good graphics (so more recent I guess), dealing mostly with real humans (rather than cartoonish or sci-fi characters, though I enjoy a bit of sci-fi as you see in my list), preferably not old stories (happening now or in future, modern time!), and not too many complicated puzzles that gets you stuck (I really like to go on with the story and enjoy the story!). I also like crime/mystery games.

Thanks for your help!

I really likes all of those games you mentioned, and so i will list a few others I really enjoyed, although they many not all fall into the criteria you listed:

Heavy Rain, Next Life, Culpa Innata, The Lost Crown and the Black Mirror trilogy.

Have fun!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d recommend the “Art of Murder” series - I believe that you’d like them.

Grin

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top