• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 08 June 2014 06:46 AM
wilco - 07 June 2014 05:23 PM
Lucien21 - 07 June 2014 02:13 PM
Frogacuda - 07 June 2014 07:25 AM

So after 2 years, they’re apparently 1/3 done. I don’t even know what to say to that.

So it may be done in about 4 years Confused

The estimate is actually March of next year now, the 1/3 refers to the part that is almost completely done, but some of the groundwork for the rest of the game is set.

I saw their estimate, but considering there doesn’t seem to be anyone on the development end with a clue about budgets or project management I would take their estimate with a pinch of salt.

This isn’t a professional development and I still doubt that this game will ever come out or when it does it will be a pale imitation of what was promised or split into episodes.

The last project I saw that was this badly managed was the Edinburgh Trams project which took twice the lenght of time (5 years longer than expected) to build at double the cost (£776m) and only deliverd half the route.

I don’t disagree with you in being incredulous , I’m just trying to stay positive Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

SV isn’t the worst managed project I’ve backed. It’s not the greatest, but at least they do communicate with the backers, unlike some projects.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

A nice juicy update from Chris Pope today, promising a 2015 release with two thirds of the game nearly done! Check it out, there’s concept art, videos, music and much more. It’s looking very good.

And more good news: Josh Mandel joins the SpaceVenture team! Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

These guys are the Daft Punk of adventure games Smile

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I can’t let myself get excited for this until it’s like… less than two months away for real. I’m glad to see they’re still making meaningful progress and that they haven’t said they’re splitting it into episodes yet.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It does look like they’ve managed to pick up some speed, so here’s hoping all goes well.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A assuring update in the words but not in the videos. Hopefully they are just trying not showing much avoid spoiling too much. At least there is confidence it will come out this year which is very good.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Great to see this is alive and kicking. I got a little worried for a while.

The style is growing on me too. Smile

The fact that they’re slow doesn’t bother or worry me in the least. These things take forever. Just a fact, unless you’re rushing it.

Ps you guys who have been following this: Is this gonna be full of deaths like SQ games or will it be a more forgiving take on the genre?

I wish I had backed it back when the KS ran but that was way before I bothered setting up a KS account. Meh

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

So in yet another blow to this project, Gary Owens has passed away. Mark Crowe confirmed they had not yet recorded his part either. Looks like not everyone can wait forever.

Very sad news, he was a really funny guy and helped take Space Quest 4 to a new level. I still love the ones with no narration, but Owens added a lot and I was hoping he’d add a lot to SpaceVenture as well. I don’t even know who you could get to replace him.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

OMG Space Ghost has passed away. Damn shame.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lets remember ..

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The writing is funny bu Gary Owens really elevated SQ4 and 6 to a whole new level.

I was watching a tribute video Saturday, I never knew he was Roger Ramjet - I loved those cartoons as a kid.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am seriously PISSED OFF, I opened the kickstarter (SV) page, expecting updates about Gary Owens Death, even some nice words written tributing him over there, there is nothing, even the old data of Gary Owens being a part of the project still not changed, I really don’t know what are the guys doing, but this is waaay to disrespecting for Gary Owens’ death and the project in whole, if them (2 guys) wouldn’t announce his (the announcer) death in the best appropriate way, then for god’s sake, who would?.. this has gone too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Well they have a post in their KS page that an update is in the works, but it will take a few days. (though, with all respect, their few days is more like a week or two).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top