• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Blackthorne - 22 April 2014 07:07 PM

You know, I think many of us underestimated our development times when compared to budgets.  But I know this game WILL see the light of day, as someone was saying - I know we want it all and we we want it now, but I assure you work has been progressing on this game.  I think people will really like what they finally get.  I don’t know just WHEN, myself, but I can speak to development time and delays. 

Bt

Its been proven over and over. Dedicated passionate developers will finish their games, whether it rains or shines.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

And it’s hard to think of developers more passionate than Scott Murphy and more dedicated than Mark Crowe.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

thejobloshow - 22 April 2014 10:58 PM

And it’s hard to think of developers more passionate than Scott Murphy and more dedicated than Mark Crowe.

Thats easy, I can think of all the great people that worked at Sierra and Lucasarts (classic lucasarts). Wink Now that was an era I wish I work in.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

SpaceVenture is going to be one of the better large, Kickstarter-funded adventure games. Watch and see.

At release time they’ll joke a lot about how late they were, but, boy, will it be worth it.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Monolith - 22 April 2014 10:25 PM
Blackthorne - 22 April 2014 07:07 PM

You know, I think many of us underestimated our development times when compared to budgets.  But I know this game WILL see the light of day, as someone was saying - I know we want it all and we we want it now, but I assure you work has been progressing on this game.  I think people will really like what they finally get.  I don’t know just WHEN, myself, but I can speak to development time and delays. 

Bt

Its been proven over and over. Dedicated passionate developers will finish their games, whether it rains or shines.

Amen to that.

Bt

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

I want to see it happen and it will probably come out eventually. Hope they don’t run out of money though.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

OrionO - 23 April 2014 05:31 PM

SpaceVenture is going to be one of the better large, Kickstarter-funded adventure games. Watch and see.

At release time they’ll joke a lot about how late they were, but, boy, will it be worth it.

I’d like this to be true, but I can’t think of a lot of times where disorganized, highly protracted developments resulted in a polished end product.

But I hope so. I really do. Space Quest is still one of my top 2 or 3 adventure series, and I think these guys are tremendously talented. I just think they desperately need to hire a producer.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

So after 2 years, they’re apparently 1/3 done. I don’t even know what to say to that.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The new update does answer the question why we have seen so little of the game. It really is because there is so little of it ready. Now I really do hope they can keep their budget tight, or that they have alternative means of funding.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Can’t be too hard on them, they seem to be still progressing and set on delivering a full game at the end with no episodes. It’s no secret now that kickstarters release dates are never met and most of them have a team and plan set up at the beginning (unlike this one).
Even Double Fine with much more bugdet and a full team still has no release date for the rest of the game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Frogacuda - 07 June 2014 07:25 AM

So after 2 years, they’re apparently 1/3 done. I don’t even know what to say to that.

So it may be done in about 4 years Confused

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 07 June 2014 02:13 PM

The estimate is actually March of next year now, the 1/3 refers to the part that is almost completely done, but some of the groundwork for the rest of the game is set.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I think the game is in good hands, they are making an ok progress. They just spend a lot of time on every scene, puzzle and dialogue cause they want to make it oldschool. I suggest to listen to the Space Quest historian podcast - the leading guy is funny, and he takes part in SpaceVenture development too. Also listen to the recent DOS Nostalgia Podcast #08: Space Quest (with Troels Pleimert) - same guy, they talk about Space Quest series.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 07 June 2014 08:08 AM

The new update does answer the question why we have seen so little of the game. It really is because there is so little of it ready. Now I really do hope they can keep their budget tight, or that they have alternative means of funding.

I don’t think they’re really getting paid at this point. It’s not like a real development studio, it’s more like a fan game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 07 June 2014 05:23 PM
Lucien21 - 07 June 2014 02:13 PM

The estimate is actually March of next year now, the 1/3 refers to the part that is almost completely done, but some of the groundwork for the rest of the game is set.

I saw their estimate, but considering there doesn’t seem to be anyone on the development end with a clue about budgets or project management I would take their estimate with a pinch of salt.

This isn’t a professional development and I still doubt that this game will ever come out or when it does it will be a pale imitation of what was promised or split into episodes.

The last project I saw that was this badly managed was the Edinburgh Trams project which took twice the lenght of time (5 years longer than expected) to build at double the cost (£776m) and only deliverd half the route.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top