• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 16 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Sushi was one of my favourite things about Runaway (or, to be more accurate, one of the very few things I enjoyed about the game). I kept wishing that Brian would ditch Gina Titties (who at this point was supposed to be dead anyway) and run off with Sushi.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I enjoyed all the Runaway games. I liked the characters, puzzles, graphics. I’m probably the only person on the planet who didn’t complain about Runaway 1’s pixel-hunting.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

That floor doesn’t look very safe.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Jatsie - 16 July 2012 11:33 AM

That floor doesn’t look very safe.

LOL! No it doesn’t, does it?

I only played the first Runaway game, and absolutely despised it.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I also agree that Sushi is a better match for Brian. I played it fairly recently.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

I loved Sushi in the first game. She lives the computer nerd’s dream. It was also nice to see a computer nerd who was both female, and not depicted physically as a nerd (or a goth, or anything of the sort).
She was also not sexualized in the first game. It was nice that she and Brian were just friends.

I hated what they did with her in the second game. The sexy voice, the even more exposed outfit. I guess wit Gina missing most of the game the team felt they had a quota to meet. That game seemed to forget the personalities of its characters.

And she was completely absent (along with almost all recurring characters) from the third game.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-08

PM

I played the first Runaway around the time that it came out. I don’t remember what I liked about it, but there must have been something, since I finished the game. It might have been a combination of the goofy characters and my joy at the simple fact that someone was still making point and click adventures with nice production value. I remember I hated the pixel hunting and hated most of the voice acting—especially Brian’s. I could not stand Brian. And he was the main character. I guess I was forgiving since it’s a Spanish company and they might not know what good English voice acting sounds like.

I tried to play the second one recently. Before I could play, I had to sit through what felt like a 20-minute intro sequence. The situations and the way the characters handled them were preposterous (and not in the good, funny way). I think the acting got even worse since the first game. By the time I finally got control of the character, I hated Brian, I hated Gina, I hated the writing, I hated the story, and I hated the game. I quit, and I’ll probably never revisit it.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I liked the secondary characters but didn’t really like Gina or Brian. The first game was very mediocre, the second I couldn’t even finish. But I am going to try out the third and Yesterday at some point, when I get them cheap.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

My younger cousin will always remember this game as “the one which evil cousin Trunksie made me play and write up a 250-word review to practice my writing skills during my summer vacation several years ago”! Naughty If I remember correctly, he wrote that he really liked the cartoon style and the characters Sushi and Saturn, but disliked the pixel-hunting and the constant backtracking, and really hated the illogical puzzles and the Asian nerd depiction of Joshua. Shifty Eyed He gave the game a 7/10 rating.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

driver8 - 16 July 2012 01:54 PM

I played the first Runaway around the time that it came out. I don’t remember what I liked about it, but there must have been something, since I finished the game. It might have been a combination of the goofy characters and my joy at the simple fact that someone was still making point and click adventures with nice production value. I remember I hated the pixel hunting and hated most of the voice acting—especially Brian’s. I could not stand Brian. And he was the main character. I guess I was forgiving since it’s a Spanish company and they might not know what good English voice acting sounds like.

I tried to play the second one recently. Before I could play, I had to sit through what felt like a 20-minute intro sequence. The situations and the way the characters handled them were preposterous (and not in the good, funny way). I think the acting was even worse since the first game. By the time I finally got control of the character, I hated Brian, I hated Gina, I hated the writing, I hated the story, and I hated the game. I quit, and I’ll probably never revisit it.

This was my experience too for both games, except I trudged through the 2nd game using a walkthrough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top