• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for Overclocked style games

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

Hello,
Are there any other games like Overclocked A history of violence?
Third person.

If there are, I would like to know Smile
Thanks

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

if you are suggesting the Dark physiological theme you surly must try Next Life, but other than that (going through people’s dreams and so on) ,i can not really remember.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I prefered their previous game. Moment of Silence.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

If you mean games like Overclocked as in dark psychological thrillers, I would say:
The Moment of Silence
Still Life
Still Life 2
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper (you can choose between first-person and third-person mode)
Diamonds in the Rough

If you don’t mind fantasy or sci-fi elements in your thrillers I would also add:
The Gabriel Knight series
The Black Mirror series
Sanitarium
Gray Matter
Gemini Rue
Resonance

If you don’t mind games that mix adventure and action elements, I would also add:
Fahrenheit
L.A. Noire

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

To be quite honest I can’t think of a single game like Overclocked. It’s got such well developed characters and such a deep, emotional storyline. The only game I know that could match it is Dreamfall but that’s a fantasy title and has a completely diffferent mood and feel than Overclocked.

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

Thank you all!
I already played Next Life and I was very close to ending the game but I didn’t continue because it wasn’t interesting for me.
The Moment of Silence - I didn’t like the demo but I will try the full game.
Dreamfall - already played it and liked it very very much Smile I am waiting for the sequel.
I also will try Diamonds in the Rough and Resonance.

Castledoque - 14 July 2012 04:17 PM

If you mean games like Overclocked as in dark psychological thrillers, I would say:
The Moment of Silence
Still Life - already played
Still Life 2 - didn’t like
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper (you can choose between first-person and third-person mode) - didn’t like
Diamonds in the Rough

If you don’t mind fantasy or sci-fi elements in your thrillers I would also add:
The Gabriel Knight series - already played
The Black Mirror series - already played
Sanitarium - already played
Gray Matter - already played
Gemini Rue - didn’t like
Resonance

If you don’t mind games that mix adventure and action elements, I would also add:
Fahrenheit - already played
L.A. Noire - doesn’t work on my computer Frown

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I liked Next Life more than Overclocked Tongue. But I should give Overclocked another try. I’m feeling it wasn’t as bad as I thought, I was just not in the right mood for it. Not that I ever said it was bad, just mediocre.

What was it in Sherlock Holmes that you didn’t like? I thought The Awakened was better than Jack the Ripper, though I have a few years between them. Also the old Sherlock Holmes games might be more to your taste then: Serrated Scalpel and Rose Tattoo.

I haven’t played Black Dahlia but it should fit. And if you don’t mind some humour with it, Discworld Noir actually is quite dark and psychological(/magical) thriller Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-10-14

PM

Thank you millenia Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I cannot recommend these games enough:

The Moment of Silence
Still Life
Still Life 2

I enjoyed all three - even Still Life 2.

Grin

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-02-27

PM

Don’t wait too long, as I don’t see a sequel in the future.  Have you played the original The Longest Journey, though?  Amazing game, and the prequel to Dreamfall.

Adventurequests - 15 July 2012 02:50 AM

Thank you all!
I already played Next Life and I was very close to ending the game but I didn’t continue because it wasn’t interesting for me.
The Moment of Silence - I didn’t like the demo but I will try the full game.
Dreamfall - already played it and liked it very very much Smile I am waiting for the sequel.
I also will try Diamonds in the Rough and Resonance.

Castledoque - 14 July 2012 04:17 PM

The Moment of Silence
Still Life - already played
Still Life 2 - didn’t like
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper (you can choose between first-person and third-person mode) - didn’t like
Diamonds in the Rough

The Gabriel Knight series - already played
The Black Mirror series - already played
Sanitarium - already played
Gray Matter - already played
Gemini Rue - didn’t like
Resonance

Fahrenheit - already played
L.A. Noire - doesn’t work on my computer Frown

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

If you like the inception kinda thing, two must-plays:

The Dream Machine
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Zyphr - 28 February 2014 07:16 PM

Don’t wait too long, as I don’t see a sequel in the future.  Have you played the original The Longest Journey, though?  Amazing game, and the prequel to Dreamfall.

Are you talking about the sequel to Dreamfall? Because you do know it should normally be coming out this November, right? (assuming it’s not postponed which seems to be happening more often with kickstarter games…)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top