• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gato Salvaje presents point&click; adventure AR-K in Kickstarter

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

Yesterday they published an Update of their campaign in Kickstarter. Thay offer a free download for limited time to “have a hands on experience” of their game.
It looks interesting…
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/ar-k-a-dark-acid-adventure-comedy
Wink

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hi,
We are gato Salvaje, a spanish indie game developer.
We have presented our point and click adventure, AR-K, in Kickstarter so we can finish the whole project of four episodes.
With the money we want to improve compatibility with other platforms (MacOs, iOS, Android and Linux) and translate and dubb the game to more lenguages.
We would like to invite you to visit our project page and take a look at it. We believe is worth it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/ar-k-a-dark-acid-adventure-comedy

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

150,000 dollars? That’s an incredibly lofty goal. Best of luck, but I seriously doubt you’ll reach it.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I like the look of the game but get rid of the episodic model. It doesn’t work.

You need to find a way to implement microtransactions in other ways… If I knew how to do this for adventure games I’d be a rich man now.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Alice is a journalism student that wakes up with a terrible hangover, a blank night and the remember of that mysterious object. She wants to remember who was the man she slept with last night, and why the object is still torturing her memories.

Not the most appealing of plots… I think I’ll wait for the next one. Good luck with it.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oscar - 11 July 2012 09:59 AM

Alice is a journalism student that wakes up with a terrible hangover, a blank night and the remember of that mysterious object. She wants to remember who was the man she slept with last night, and why the object is still torturing her memories.

Not the most appealing of plots… I think I’ll wait for the next one. Good luck with it.

To me that’s actually quite interesting Smile.
I’ll be trying out the first episode.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hi guys,

$150,000 US is what we need to finish the four episodes, port the game to MacOs, iOS, Android and Linux and dubb it in more languages.
In Kickstarter you have to put what you need to finish. Not less.

If you really like point and click adventures, give it a try. We let download the game for free from the Kickstarter page. May be you play it and you don´t like it, but I am sure we can change your opinion.

Anyway, thanks for your comments!

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

What will happen with this game if you don’t reach your goal?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hi Majsan,

That´s a good question…

We will keep trying to get the money, but it will be difficult. We should sell the second episode and with the income produce the 3rd and 4th episodes.

Publishers don´t want adventures. The question is, does the public want the adventures? If public wants and publishers don´t, wouldn´t be better that crowdfunding was the way?

Anyway… If you like adventures, give a try to AR-K, play it, and if you like it, please, pledge…

Thanks for your comment Majan!!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I still think you guys should have aimed for funding one episode a time instead of the entire thing at once. Say, trying to get people to pony up 30,000 dollars is a lot easier than 150,000 dollars. It also doesn’t look as hopeless when the donations aren’t flying in in record time.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 11 July 2012 05:29 PM

I still think you guys should have aimed for funding one episode a time instead of the entire thing at once. Say, trying to get people to pony up 30,000 dollars is a lot easier than 150,000 dollars.

I’d like to go on record and disagree with this Tongue
I absolutely hate the idea of an episodic project that does 1 kickstarter for each episode. If i back a project, i dont want to feel like im signing up for a gauntlet of fundraising to get the whole season. Plus when you split it up like that you likely end up needing more money because the whole process takes more time, and every kickstarter uses up a bunch of effort in promotions. So for funding the whole thing together, i applaud.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

We thought about it, but we want to produce all the game and put it the market as soon as possible. And the investment we have to do to port the game to more platforms will take us a big part of the budget.
This is our bet. Now we got to do all we can to make it possible.

We just need your support…

Thanks for your comment!!

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thank you Zane!

That´s the point. We think it is more honest to take the risk, even though we can fail.

We need that you know that we can create a good game. That´s the reason why we offer the first episode for free. We are not Tim Schafer…

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Gato Salvaje - 11 July 2012 06:01 PM

We need that you know that we can create a good game. That´s the reason why we offer the first episode for free. We are not Tim Schafer…

Grin Have downloaded the first episode and will give it a try. So far it looks and sounds good!

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thank you Majsan!!
Don´t forget to tell what do you think about it when you finish!!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Well, I’ll try to promote your game on Reddit. I really think it’s a good looking game, so maybe that can help you win favour with the non-adventure crowd.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/wew4b/introducing_ark_a_dark_acid_adventure_comedy/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top