• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I don’t want to get my hopes up again.

Larry Reloaded was a letdown after all, Broken Sword, slightly underachieving, but I never expected too much, although they were most professional and “Hipster’s Quest” left me broken when I saw where it’s going and how far it will be from the brilliance of DOTT or GF, or even Full Throttle.

Now, I’m just gonna wait without any expectations and if the game turns out good, then great, if not then at least I won’t feel so disappointed.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Broken Age absolutely deserves to be in the same conversation as Schafer’s other works. Give it a shot, even if you don’t immediately love the art style.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Frogacuda - 16 January 2014 04:05 PM

Broken Age absolutely deserves to be in the same conversation as Schafer’s other works. Give it a shot, even if you don’t immediately love the art style.

I gave it a shot, that’s why I’m so disappointed, I didn’t lose hope till the end, but finally I had to honest with myself and admit that the game is very weak, especially when you consider who is it’s creator and interestingly in the aspects I thought would be the strongest part such as overall design, writing and humor.

This is probably off, but I didn’t want to spoil the fun in the Broken Age thread.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Frogacuda - 16 January 2014 04:05 PM

THIS!

I can’t understand why some people place all their trust and expectations into small budget clones of old adventure games like Larry Reloaded or SpaceVenture and casually dismissing the (arguably) best and biggest kickstarter adventure game development Broken Age.

The possibility of being dissappointed with SpaceVenture is infinitely more likely than with Broken Age. That is a no-brainer….and this is already demonstrated with Larry Reloaded, for which the same expectations were raised.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Off Scott’s FB Account

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, that was in the last update. It certainly gives me good old-school SQ vibes. I hope this game comes out good, but I’m still keeping my expectations in check until I see some finished writing and dialog and there’s an idea for when and how they might finish it.

The whole thing kind of feels like a fan game, done by the original creators. By that I don’t necessarily mean the quality of work, but the lack of organization or budget or a real development schedule, or an office. It’s just a bunch of people chipping away at something.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Development of SV has never really stood out as a professional operation, that is true, but perhaps that is one thing that is helping them to use their budget more efficiently. On the other hand it’s really doing a number on the hopes of fast development time.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The screen reminds me of an old game Feeble Files. I constantly receive new updates, and I always get a feeling there’s not much going on. “This month we worked on this particular puzzle… We improved it here and there… We finished designing this location… We wrote a bunch of new jokes…”. Hopefully the game will be out some day Smile

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 22 April 2014 10:35 AM

The screen reminds me of an old game Feeble Files.

Nostalgia!!! feels like SPACE QUEST X/Galaxy Galleria

anyone noticed Roger space shuttle parking down here?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

This game tops my betting list of most likely to never see the light of day.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is a strong statement from a strong ager/poster like you Lucien ,I hve to say I don’t like it at all. but then we never were on the same wave, and I would say that is my best way to put it down.
hope it changes ‘spaceventure’ your opinion when it comes out as Scott and Mark (if you didn’t know) are my gods ‘literally’ of adventure gaming ,yea its surely obvious.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Personally I’m still following SV with certain amount of anxiety. I really hope they’ll pull it off, but as long as there’s no official release date and updates consist mostly of promoses of progress, the propability of release seems so uncertain.

Yeah, I really love the art updates, but other than that we really have very little idea where the project is really going at the moment. And it really doesn’t help that their official spokes person Pope just can’t release any actual info, as Murphy and Crowe don’t allow it (which at times makes me think there’s very little to show).

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Advie - 22 April 2014 11:40 AM

that is a strong statement from a strong ager/poster like you Lucien ,I hve to say I don’t like it at all. but then we never were on the same wave, and I would say that is my best way to put it down.
hope it changes ‘spaceventure’ your opinion when it comes out as Scott and Mark (if you didn’t know) are my gods ‘literally’ of adventure gaming ,yea its surely obvious.

I do hope that it comes out.

However it raised $500k nearly 2 years ago, had a Est delivery date of more than a year ago (Feb 2013) and far as I can see updates are not that regular and don’t seem to be moving forward very fast.

It’s more like a fan game than a professional development.

Moebius had less money and it’s out already.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

these recent replies make me sad. i didn’t back but i have been keeping an eye on this one.  love the art love the updates. please finish this and take my money!!!

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

You know, I think many of us underestimated our development times when compared to budgets.  But I know this game WILL see the light of day, as someone was saying - I know we want it all and we we want it now, but I assure you work has been progressing on this game.  I think people will really like what they finally get.  I don’t know just WHEN, myself, but I can speak to development time and delays. 

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top