• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 24 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Time Hollow may not have much gameplay, but the story was gripping enough that I played it in a day (pretty much in one session, if I remember correctly), and enjoyed replaying it at a later point.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I remember enjoying the game. It was fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Time Hollow is an awesome game. I played it for the first time about a month ago, and was instantly gripped by it.
A few weeks ago, I wrote the following in the Last finished game thread:

Time Hollow - 4.5 / 5

Wow, was this a pleasant surprise! This game totally blew me away. It grabbed my attention in the very first minute and made it very hard for me to put it down. Because of that, I finished it in just three sessions.
The prologue had only just started and I already got a glimpse of an alternative ending. I immediately restarted (without acting like a know-it-all this time) to avoid spoilers. But just knowing that there was the possibility of an alternative ending made me even more excited to finish it.
And then I got sucked into the game. The story is really engrossing, the writing is good, and even though there are some minor plot issues (inherent in time-travel stories), these are easily overlooked because all the main characters are very likeable.
Plus the game has a lot of production value: the animation throughout is very good, the voice-acting in the cutscenes is great, and above all: the opening video has a superb theme (which gets repeated as a ringtone, in a mellow version as a sadder theme in the game, and during the end credits).
The game may be very light on gameplay, but with this amount of immersion in the game, I don’t care about the gameplay. In fact, some of my absolute favourite games are more “interactive novels” than actual games.
The only downside is that it’s relatively short, and that you only have one slot to save your game in. And that’s pretty much it.

Time Hollow is now officially n° 4 in my list of favourite DS games of all-time, which is not too shabby. In fact, I liked it so much that the previous game by designer Junko Kawano, Shadow of Destiny, has gotten a serious bump forward in my list of games to play. I’m already looking forward to it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Another DS title I am supposed to play. Some day…

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Decent game. Picked it up as an impulse purchase a few years back. The 3DS library is seriously lacking nice little adventure games like this.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top