• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Paul Trowe… Wow… just… wow! How someone could be so blind when it comes to their own behaviour is beyond me. I feel sorry for Josh and Al who has to work with this human wrecking ball. While trying to harm the 2 guys’ campaign, what he actually achieves is destroying Replay’s reputation and alienating his own supporters. He must also have been pretty selective as to what feedback he’s been reading regarding LSLR, as he seems to think that the game turned out perfect, oblivious to the numerous flaws. If Replay is gonna have a future, someone needs to gag this man asap, though I fear it may allready be too late… I don’t like calling people names, but honestly… what a moron!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Hahahaha, I love this guy.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Dag - 11 October 2013 07:28 AM

Paul Trowe… Wow… just… wow! How someone could be so blind when it comes to their own behaviour is beyond me. I feel sorry for Josh and Al who has to work with this human wrecking ball. While trying to harm the 2 guys’ campaign, what he actually achieves is destroying Replay’s reputation and alienating his own supporters. He must also have been pretty selective as to what feedback he’s been reading regarding LSLR, as he seems to think that the game turned out perfect, oblivious to the numerous flaws. If Replay is gonna have a future, someone needs to gag this man asap, though I fear it may allready be too late… I don’t like calling people names, but honestly… what a moron!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I seriously have to think that Paul Trowe must have some kind of mental disorder.  Normal people don’t act like that, and completely oblivious to their own actions, as you said.  I’m thinking maybe he’s autistic.  Or just a sociopath?  I don’t know, but it’s not normal.  I’m utterly flabbergasted that people like Al Lowe and Josh Mandel actually chose to work with him.  I know Josh has left Replay at this point, and I can’t imagine Trowe’s behavior wasn’t a factor in that.  Hopefully Al wises up and cuts ties with this scumbag sooner rather than later.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Edifying stuff

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 11 October 2013 03:06 AM

There was a time when I thought things PT said were right, like the whole Sam Suede thing, but this just sounds petty and unprofessional. Way to shoot yourself in the foot mr. Trowe.

I’ll totally admit that I share a lot of his same concerns, and the progress this project has shown is very “fan game-like”, in that it’s disorganized, amorphous, and lacks a concrete vision and milestones to measure progress against. And also in that I think most of the people working on it are part time and not getting paid (much).

I know for a fact that other people—people who LIKE Mark and Scott—are worried about how this project was shaping up, but they understand that it wouldn’t be appropriate to say something like that publicly. I think Paul either doesn’t understand or doesn’t care that people will view his negativity as inappropriate by virtue of who he is rather than the legitimacy of his concerns.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Frogacuda - 12 October 2013 08:44 PM

I think Paul either doesn’t understand or doesn’t care that people will view negativity as inappropriate by virtue of who he is rather than the legitimacy of his concerns.

You’re understating the obnoxiousness of Trowe’s behavior though.  It’s not JUST that he publicly said something negative about a competing project, it’s that he reacted like a petulant child when people quite legitimately questioned the ethics of his statements.  It’s not so much what he initially said, but rather the way he has continually acted and reacted to people that is just grossly unprofessional.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I think Paul either doesn’t understand or doesn’t care that people will view his negativity as inappropriate by virtue of who he is rather than the legitimacy of his concerns.

I think Mark and Scott should think of bringing him to do his beta testing part for SpaceVenture like the old times .. (so he might screw it up as SQ6)

I call it some kind of generations collapse .. who is the fuck is Trowe !

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ll totally admit that I share a lot of his same concerns, and the progress this project has shown is very “fan game-like”, in that it’s disorganized, amorphous, and lacks a concrete vision and milestones to measure progress against. And also in that I think most of the people working on it are part time and not getting paid (much).

I know for a fact that other people—people who LIKE Mark and Scott—are worried about how this project was shaping up, but they understand that it wouldn’t be appropriate to say something like that publicly. I think Paul either doesn’t understand or doesn’t care that people will view his negativity as inappropriate by virtue of who he is rather than the legitimacy of his concerns.

I do share these concerns as well, I just have issues with how Trowe came out with it and how he’s now acting like a child, alienating the fanbase of LSL. For an example there’s been a huge banning spree at Replay forums, where a lot of old mods and people that have been a part of the community from the start have been banned (me included) for disagreeing with Trowe.

But that’s not a subject of this thread, if you want more info there’s a thread for it at http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/topic/656-paul-trowe-criticism-on-kickstarter-update/

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Lambonius - 12 October 2013 08:59 PM

grossly unprofessional.

Yeah, that’s the thing Paul doesn’t quite understand. The different standard of conduct people expect from someone in his position. He says stuff like “I’m saying this as a backer” and he doesn’t get that he can’t just be a backer without being Paul Trowe. The line where he says “My company didn’t back this project I did” is very telling that he doesn’t realize how inseparable the two are in terms of other people’s perceptions.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Yeah, “for someone in his position” is certainly the caveat there.  I mean, he was acting like a troll by any standard, particularly the way he reacted after people politely reminded him how it was reflecting on his company.  But as a CEO who is trying to run a successful business that relies heavily on fan support, his actions are frankly baffling.  That’s why I strongly suspect some degree of personality disorder is in play here.  Rational people just don’t act that way.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Lambonius - 12 October 2013 08:59 PM

It’s not JUST that he publicly said something negative a competing project, it’s that he reacted like a petulant child when people quite legitimately questioned the ethics of his statements.  It’s not so much what he initially said, but rather the way he has continually acted and reacted to people that is just grossly unprofessional.

Exactly. As I read the first post, I was like: “oh dear, he’s at it again”, but as I kept reading on, my jaw dropped in shock. Anyone speaking their mind about this at Replay’s forums have been banned, including people who’s done lots of voluntary work for the company. It’s like his own private little North Korea.

Good to see the SpaceVenture community uniting against him though.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I wanted to say its Scott Murphy’s birthday Today!

The greatest mind Sierra Ever gave!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Hey, stop that! Do you want Scott and Mark to be sued by Energizer again? Tongue

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I quite liked the new update. Learning curve is always a bitch and hammering out framwork isn’t sexy or glamorous update material: “look we made code, pretty, pretty code. It has global variables and all. Re-usable as well, ain’t it grand?”

SpaceVenture running short of money has been my major concern, as 500k is what it is, but from the sound of it they know how to keep things in check, so hopefully they will manage, especially now that the framework is better, so they can really start cranking up the game.
(And the shout out for LSLR was classy.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top