• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Welcome back! 

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 22 May 2012 08:30 PM

Been averaging about 125 messages-per-year since 2004. Think that, I hope, means I only post a message when I think it has meaning. I certainly will admit, though. that I have had the occasional flame that should not count as a credible comment. Think that lets some credibility creep in. Was never in a race to 1000 messages in my first four months of membership.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

In all honesty, I think post count means nothing. I remember when I first joined I was desperate to feel like part of the community that I over compensated and commented on every damn thing. Just gave me a whole lot of posts to look back and cringe upon years down the line. Folks will respond on the strength of your ramblings and that’s enough right there. I’d be happy to see the number not displayed at all.

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Am having trouble staying logged in… I think someone mentioned that already? Also, I echo the need for the button that you go to the place you were up to in the thread last time - I used that constantly. I have to go to the last post and go backwards now, which confuses my poor old brain. Speaking of my brain, I see everyone else has worked out how to get a new pic under their name… Frown

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I like the new site but not that happy about the forum at the current state. I would like to be able to stay logged in and continue from the last post I already read - as others have mentioned.

Also the sticky topics not changing colour when there’s new posts in them is a little bit annoying.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I too just realized it was the site and not my PC that isn’t keeping me signed into the site. As if the cookie for the site has a temporary time duration.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2004-11-26

PM

For some of the issues the forums are having go to this thread: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/101/

As for the log in issue see here: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/99/

As for the ignore list, click on your name at the top of the screen and you’ll see a page where you can work on your profile and the ignore list is there:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/member/edit_ignore_list

Resident science freak

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

As for the ignore list, click on your name at the top of the screen and you’ll see a page where you can work on your profile and the ignore list is there:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/member/edit_ignore_list

The Ignore list doesn’t function properly.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Ditto the above. If I click on her name in the message, I will get a prompt to “stop ignoring member”. That’s a total non-sequitor. If I can click to stop ignoring, I should be ignoring. Fien and I are currently at peace with ignore, but it is a mess.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 25 May 2012 10:03 PM

Fien and I are currently at peace with ignore, but it is a mess.

You are speaking for someone you’re trying to killfile? LOL! You’re really something, aren’t you, sweetheart. Rest assured that I will never put you on my Ignore list, your posts are so much fun.  Grin

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

*appears in a puff of smoke*

Hm, the overhaul seems like as good opporutity as any to try to get out of the long self-imposed lurking mode. (So “welcome back”, indeed.) I’ve had a look around, and am mostly loving the site upgrades and mostly hating the new forums. But I’ll leave the reasons for other threads where they are already heavily discussed, and for now just allow me to belatedly wish one of my ever-favourite sites Happy Anniversary. Smile Here’s for another ten and beyond!

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

New site looks cool, but what happened to information about release statuses that used to be in game pages? I definitely remember something like that in A Vampyre Story 2’s page from the old site (and in many other game pages, especially unreleased ones).

Losing information during transition is NOT cool Meh

Also, some unreleased game pages seemed to have disappeared completely - for example, where’ BaSS2’s page??

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Fien - 26 May 2012 03:23 AM
rtrooney - 25 May 2012 10:03 PM

Fien and I are currently at peace with ignore, but it is a mess.

You are speaking for someone you’re trying to killfile? LOL! You’re really something, aren’t you, sweetheart. Rest assured that I will never put you on my Ignore list, your posts are so much fun.  Grin

Was simply attempting to restore AG to it’s “pre-conversion condition.” And, as you’ve pointed out, some of those pre-conversion conditions seem not to be restorable. So we co-exist. Cool

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

I gotta say I love the changes. I’m a long time lurker and I finally decided to create an account. Smile

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

JayJay - 03 June 2012 08:05 PM

I gotta say I love the changes. I’m a long time lurker and I finally decided to create an account. Smile

Yes. There are a few glitches but overall the change is an improvement.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

It seems that the game pages are also missing publisher information, and only developers are mentioned. Will this lost information ever return?

Another idea - if the information is not going to return, how about making an archive accessible, like you did with the old forums and PMs?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top