• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Carles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Fall: Mutant City (post apocalyptic point and clicking!)

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

It’s not often you see adventure games that take place in the wastelands of the apocalypse. The germans are rectifing that with The Fall: Mutant City.

Here’s what Adventuretreff (and google translate) tell us:

F + F Publishing has the Adventure The Fall: Mutant City announced. Of recent years as an add-on to the RPG The Fall: Last Days of Gaia proposed project will be released in the form of an adventure game. The publisher has released some screenshots and details about the story: “Infected insidious with a desert plague that must be [the protagonist] calculated in a mutant nest looking for the antidote.” The best mutants are dead mutants “thinks the charismatic hero and throws himself into the adventure. But soon he is wrong. the enemy is heavily armed and hopelessly outnumbered. Only with cunning and guile is a possible next round.”

More here: http://www.adventure-treff.de/images/galerie.php?ort=screenshots&galerie=853

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

This is pretty old news, isn’t it? Haven’t heard anything new about it for a while. And if the writing quality of the RPG it’s based on is any indication then I think it’s not much to get your hope up about anyway.

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Wow, I must have missed the fact that the game was already released! It apparently didn’t leave much of an impression on anybody. So I guess this title is rather forgettable…

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

It’s not a good game then?
Too bad, I was hoping it would get an english translation.

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Well, it didn’t even receive good reviews in the German press: 49% by Gamestar (a mainstream print magazine) and 39% by adventurecorner.de!
Main criticism seems to be that the adventure is over before it even started. It’s little more than a prologue, apparently.

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

The graphics made me think it would be a good game. Cry

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

So the length of the game is going to prevent you from playing it? Really? Yeah, thats a sure fire way to miss out of something.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

I might give it a try if it ever gets translated in english.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2008-06-03

PM

The problem is that before the game was completed the developer Silverstyle Studios went bankrupt together with TGC, the publisher they belonged to. There have been two new developers reestablished from the remains of Silverstyle, one under its old name, the other as Noumena Studios, but none of them did any further work on this title. It seems that someone acquired the incomplete game from the bankruptcy assets of TGC and then tried to squeeze a few bucks from it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top