• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 5 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

One of the funniest sequences in that game!

Rubber tree! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

LOL. Loved that scene

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2006-06-12

PM

Loved that gag, even if it does bring back painful memories! Frankly, I dread to think how many times I saw the Sierra “Game Over” screen whilst trying to navigate that mountain path in KQIII.  Neutral

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I played all the Sierra quest games, except the for Glory ones, and I don’t recognize this pic. What does that make me, stupid?  Angry

Another elite thing going on here at AG. Just post the name already, OP! You’ve been doing this before. I don’t see the point of making people ask or guess.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

You wouldn’t recognise it from a Sierra game. It’s a spoof Sierra ending from Monkey Island (Guybrush lands on a rubber tree and bounces up on to the plateau just after this picture)

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Looking at the interface should have told you that it’s not a Sierra game: it’s the one and only Secret of Monkey Island making fun of Sierra’s habit of killing the player for taking a wrong step.

I thought everyone knew about this joke. But I’ll be a good boy now and always post the name of the game. At least until I forget to do it. Tongue

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Guybrush!  Thumbs Up No wonder I didn’t recognize it. I played all 4 MIs but I’m not a real fan.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 June 2012 04:38 PM

Looking at the interface should have told you that it’s not a Sierra game:

Oh yeah, you’re absolutely right, I’m incredibly stupid, I know. I told you so, didn’t I? 

it’s the one and only Secret of Monkey Island making fun of Sierra’s habit of killing the player for taking a wrong step.

I played all 4 MIs but I’m not a fan of the har!har!har! jokes and wooden legs.

I thought everyone knew about this joke. But I’ll be a good boy now and always post the name of the game. At least until I forget to do it. Tongue

You also forgot to post the name of Fate of Atlantis, Maniac Mansion, Botanicula, Myst Exile, Quest for Glory IV…

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 June 2012 04:38 PM

I ask you not to post the Name of the Game, as this scene you are making has this specialty in that point ... it makes it more fun to see the real die hard fans, like last one when everyone mentioned Myst, but no one really said its actually Exile ... and how i wondered how we are all supposed to be Myst Series Suckers ... plus it has this kind of challenging and certainty in the same time ; only the people who knows it would share their experince and the others who doesn’t recognize it, will look forward to know and play or even replay because of the nice scenes you choose! ...like the chase with perry rhodan.. i am replaying it now because of that scene you posted and i remember some other poster also who said something like he/she doesn’t remember that giant robot and will give it a replay !

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top