• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Baron Blubba’s Crossword Quiz *Now Playing: Character Couplet Quest!* This will consume your weekend.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I only need 22 and 30 down. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

TimovieMan:  Cool

Even 36? I wrote down an answer I’m sure is correct, but the quiz thinks otherwise.

We’re still arguing, but the quiz is pretty adamant.

I have about fourteen or fifteen (partially) blank rows left.

@Baron_Blubba: clue for 9, you know it’s coming right. Probably in a talk about text adventures and psych experiments for food coupons, you wouldn’t even see it coming.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Okay! New clues for every number in the puzzle have been added to the first post, under the spoiler-tagged section. These are still challenging, but doable if you hang out on these forums.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

VP: The answer to 7 down is *not* trouble. It’s Maureen. The answer to 36 is diaper.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I had that one right and the quiz was cool with it. I’m having trouble with 36! Joke is I’m probably not getting the obvious.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 18 June 2021 01:20 PM

I had that one right and the quiz was cool with it. I’m having trouble with 36! Joke is I’m probably not getting the obvious.

Are you/were you having trouble with 5 as well?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Got it! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

TimovieMan - 18 June 2021 03:45 PM

Got it! Cool

Congratulations! Thank you so much for taking the time to play. I’ll have the next one up sometime next week. It’s got some really fun clues, I think.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Baron_Blubba - 17 June 2021 08:47 PM
Lady Kestrel - 17 June 2021 07:49 PM

Well, I think I’m at my limit with 25 correct answers.  I look forward to seeing the ones I missed.

I’m going to try and release another round of clues tomorrow, less obtuse this time. Did you use the new clues in the spoiler section of my reply to Tim above?

I looked at them but had already solved 6 down on my own.  The rest didn’t help, probably because I haven’t played any of the games except The Dig.  Meh

I’m going to see if the new set of clues helps.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 June 2021 05:16 PM
Baron_Blubba - 17 June 2021 08:47 PM
Lady Kestrel - 17 June 2021 07:49 PM

Well, I think I’m at my limit with 25 correct answers.  I look forward to seeing the ones I missed.

I’m going to try and release another round of clues tomorrow, less obtuse this time. Did you use the new clues in the spoiler section of my reply to Tim above?

I looked at them but had already solved 6 down on my own.  The rest didn’t help, probably because I haven’t played any of the games except The Dig.  Meh

I’m going to see if the new set of clues helps.

Yeah, that’s the problem with these puzzles: They require the general knowledge of having played the games.
I’m too far into the current one to change that, but perhaps in a future one I will challenge myself to make all of the answers related to adventure games but gettable even if you haven’t played them. That is (often) the apex of great trivia writing.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Don’t change anything, BB.  I have looked at clips, reviews, screenshots, and walkthroughs regarding many games over the years to put together my own puzzles, so I can often find something that leads to an answer.  Even if I don’t get an answer, I still have fun playing. 

By the way, your new set of clues now gives me a score of 35. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ve been looking forward to this.

I have a day ticket for the Cage train and right now, it’s puzzle time. Many ways to have a good time ,but puzzle time, it’s the best time.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 19 June 2021 10:36 AM

I’ve been looking forward to this.

I have a day ticket for the Cage train and right now, it’s puzzle time. Many ways to have a good time ,but puzzle time, it’s the best time.

Agreed. No flight is too long if I have a good crossword puzzle book with me. And there’s a NY Times Crossword game for Nintendo DS that has seen as much playtime as any other game I have for the system. I have a feeling you might also enjoy tangrams and picross—have you ever tried those?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Yes! Had to look up tangrams. I recently did a couple of those for a memory and IQ test, surprisingly fun.

Six answers I haven’t come up with for this quiz. Brains: on!

(edit: immediately after typing the above, I got 42 across and 38 down. I’ll have to try that line more often)

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 19 June 2021 01:13 PM

Yes! Had to look up tangrams. I recently did a couple of those for a memory and IQ test, surprisingly fun.

Six answers I haven’t come up with for this quiz. Brains: on!

(edit: immediately after typing the above, I got 42 across and 38 down. I’ll have to try that line more often)

It’s the crossword equivalent of going to the doctor with a whole megillah of complaints, and as soon as you step into the waiting room all the symptoms go away except for maybe the occasional sniffle.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top