• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Play Through Match Making Thread

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Baron_Blubba - 25 May 2021 08:14 PM

I can wait, no problem. No shortage of games to play until then. Shall we make a date?

Let’s! If Friday the 4th works for you - I can commit to that one.

Total Posts: 839

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

That ought to be perfect. Awesome, this is going to be fun. Anyone else?

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’ll be getting both - Backbone that comes out on the 8th (prologue is available for free on Steam), and Corruption Within that comes out on the 9th, so if anyone is interested in getting/playing through them with me - let me know!

I have also decided to continue my journey through Quantic Dream titles, however imperfect they are. I actually happened to own all of them, but played only Fahrenheit so far. Judging from the general feedback - the games get better each time (and QTEs less plentiful Grin), so I’ll be starting Heavy Rain after this CPT is over (I believe it’s the next one chronologically, and I have very little faith of it winning in a regular vote after people got quite a handful of Quantic Dream in this round), so if anyone wants to play that one - also feel free to hit me up.

Thanks!

EDIT: BB, you need to update your original list of games you’re willing to play since you already played some judging from your reviews Tongue

If nothing above will be happening with anyone officially, and I can just do those at my own pace. I’ll be very interested in doing Liar of the Clockwork God, and Day of the Tentacle with you (even though I think I’m late for that one?) - I have played the latter only in mid-90s, believe it or not, and Maniac Mansion just about the same time. Perhaps, I should start with that one? Let me know if you’re interested.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m not far at all in the DoTT remaster. You’ll catch me in an hour or two. Actually, that game is so open ended, we could each play for two hours and end up doing 70% different things. Let’s do it after Strangeland.
The only Quantic game I played was Farenheit. Opening was compelling, but quit because I didn’t like the gameplay.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

DCast - 05 June 2021 11:06 PM

Judging from the general feedback - the games get better each time (and QTEs less plentiful Grin)

Yup, that’s been my experience. Although I abandoned Fahrenheit pretty early so Heavy Rain was the first I actually completed, and my system is still too crappy to play Detroit.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Baron_Blubba - 06 June 2021 01:10 AM

I’m not far at all in the DoTT remaster. You’ll catch me in an hour or two. Actually, that game is so open ended, we could each play for two hours and end up doing 70% different things. Let’s do it after Strangeland.
The only Quantic game I played was Farenheit. Opening was compelling, but quit because I didn’t like the gameplay.

Done. Should we (or should I) play through Maniac Mansion first?

Luhr28 - 06 June 2021 01:51 AM

Yup, that’s been my experience. Although I abandoned Fahrenheit pretty early so Heavy Rain was the first I actually completed, and my system is still too crappy to play Detroit.

I played like first 15 minutes of Heavy Rain, so I’m seeing it’s almost entirely different from Fahrenheit. The beginning definitely drew me in.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Ya know, I’ve actually never played Maniac Mansion! Yes, let’s definitely do that first!  Start it after Strangeland or concurrently? I can continue playing Strangeland tomorrow night or Tuesday morning (provided I don’t have to murder too many people over breakfast).

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Baron_Blubba - 06 June 2021 09:56 PM

Ya know, I’ve actually never played Maniac Mansion! Yes, let’s definitely do that first!  Start it after Strangeland or concurrently? I can continue playing Strangeland tomorrow night or Tuesday morning (provided I don’t have to murder too many people over breakfast).

I don’t think we have that much of Strangeland left, considering many mentioning that it’s quite short. We’ll probably be done with it at the beginning of the next week the latest, if we keep playing at the same pace. Let’s start after? And if, for some odd reason, Strangeland will take a lot longer - we can totally start concurrently. What do you think?

P.S. If you do end up murdering too many people over breakfast - might as well cook them and make them your next breakfast. You can save on groceries!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I just downloaded Maniac Mansion today, will make a thread for the playthrough right now. Let’s start on Friday, to give others a bit of time to glom on.
Not abandoning the Strangeland discussion just yet, by the way. Not even close.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

DCast - 07 June 2021 02:08 AM

P.S. If you do end up murdering too many people over breakfast - might as well cook them and make them your next breakfast. You can save on groceries!

Let’s just put it this way: I would have no problem eating at the restaurant in Technobabylon.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top