• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 30 May 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

There are lots of wtf moments in Hand of Fate, but that weird subterranean world is one of the worst. I think that’s where the game lost me — not just because it got even weirder than before, but also because from that point on it turns into a quick succession of very short “levels” instead of a cohesive experience.

I’ll be the first to call the Kyrandia games “classics”, but now that I think about it I realize I’ve never particularly liked any of them. Meh

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I tried all three Kyrandia games. Didn’t like them, left them unfinished. Still don’t understand what people saw in them.

PS: It’s Wednesday.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien - 30 May 2012 03:36 PM

PS: It’s Wednesday.

I have no idea what you’re talking about…  Innocent  Innocent  Innocent

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I always liked the look of this one but never played it.  The weirdness might have appealed to me, and I love all the different outfits she seems to wear.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Never really liked the Kyrandia games all that much.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Let me then be the first to say that I loved Hand of Fate! Only, I’ve played it so long ago that don’t remember why anymore.
Didn’t care much for the other 2 Kyrandia games but I liked this one from the start, although I agree the endgame was less involving than the rest.

And I was stuck for two years at the last puzzle where you had to fiddle with some pixelated thingies and I never reconized that it was supposed to be the tower of Hanoi (which is of course a pretty lame endgame anyway).
Still, I liked it a lot. Zanthia’s voice acting probably helped too.  8)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I loved all the Kyrandia games, but some of it probably stems from me playing them alongside my big brother as a very young boy.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve played second and third but never finished them. Not that they were bad, just hard and/or something came up I guess. I recognised Zanthia instantly so at least they are a little bit memorable. I should have the Malcolm’s Revenge on cd somewhere here.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top