• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lucasfilm Games and Bethesda Softworks announce Indiana Jones game

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Too good to be true? Probably, but who cares - bring it on!

“LUCASFILM GAMES AND BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCE A STANDALONE ADVENTURE STARRING THE LEGENDARY ARCHAEOLOGIST”

https://www.starwars.com/news/indiana-jones-game

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I really doubt it will be anything close to traditional adventure games. Most likely some modern action-adventure to celebrate the release of the 5th movie.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Yes, totally not an adventure game. Maybe not even an action adventure.

You only need to look at the history of MachineGames, the company that will be developing the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MachineGames

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Who knows?

Talos Principle was also made by the guys from the Serious Sam games, so MachineGames might surprise.
It’s Indiana Jones, you can add some action but you can’t turn it into a first person shooter…

Something closer to Uncharted would probably work.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I just wanted to grab the occasion to put it in the “Adventure” section of the forum until more details are released.  Grin It looks nice here.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think it’s safe to expect something like the recent Tomb Raider-reboot Square published. And I’d be fine with that, as I liked those quite a bit, though I’ve yet to play the latest one.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

move along, nothing to see here.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2020-08-13

PM

I’m positive this will be some kinda of action/adventure game. But for some reason (self-flagellation?) I’m really holding out hope that it’ll be good.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I feel enthused, but realistic. I do not have an overwhelming feeling that this will ever happen. I will be grateful if I’m wrong.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Indiana Jones again,what next Back to the future?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

As a big fan of Indy I’m really excited about this but like everyone says, it’s probably gonna be an action-adventure game a la Uncharted or newer Tomb Raider. My dream is that it would be more in line with Infernal Machine or old Tomb Raider, with emphasis on puzzles and exploration, but coming from that developer is probably very unlikely. As long as it’s not a FPS…

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I would say the new tomb raider trilogy has a good amount of puzzles/platforming puzzles. I wouldnt mind an indy game like that

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 23 January 2021 01:28 PM

I would say the new tomb raider trilogy has a good amount of puzzles/platforming puzzles. I wouldnt mind an indy game like that

Well it does at least compared to Uncharted and counting the optional tombs. I like the new trilogy, but for some of us they still leaned too much on action and making things simple overall. I would love if they go old school with Indy to separate themselves from this type of modern action-adventure but I really doubt it.

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Some say it will be a FPS…
That would be the WORST way to represent Indy in a videogame.

I bet this will be an Uncharted copycat. Which would suck. Gun fights are 75% of the game. I have absolutely no faith in this because frankly the AAA industry keeps putting bland productions one after another on the market, all based on the exact same mechanics and formulas, only changing the universe.

I wish it was a small production instead.

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

COWCAT - 24 January 2021 06:22 AM

Some say it will be a FPS…
That would be the WORST way to represent Indy in a videogame.

I bet this will be an Uncharted copycat. Which would suck. Gun fights are 75% of the game. I have absolutely no faith in this because frankly the AAA industry keeps putting bland productions one after another on the market, all based on the exact same mechanics and formulas, only changing the universe.

I do agree with that to an extent, but it depends on if they twist it up. For example the assassins creed formula was getting very tiring, but then black flag came along with ship battles and it brought back fond memories of sid meier’s pirates gold for me and got me hooked, sadly that has not happened again for me with that series.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Assassins Creed is really the worst example of a modern AAA-series. All you really do in them is repeated 4 basic missions types with different voice overs.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top