• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Urban Witch Story - free adventure game Police Quest style

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am really glad you are enjoying the game. As you say, Rodney King’s riots help with the background of the story.

Oh, before I forget, I encourage you to see everything you can at the Musseum. It is very interesting.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, I’ve looked at everything in the museum.. thank you Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now finished this excellent game - there wasn’t too much more to go after visiting the museum.
I do have to mention that this game was a tad too pixellated for my taste but the close-ups compensated along with the interesting dialogues & story.

I don’t think I’ve ever come across a finale so gripping - but also one that proved that you don’t need timed elements or any kind of gimmick whatsoever to achieve this…..an exciting conclusion without having to work too hard!

I need to ask you now walas74 whether the developers are planning on making a sequel? - I’ll Pay!!!!

Now to address Maroko who seemed quite keen on whipping up more than was relevant to the game:

Maroko - 04 October 2020 02:16 PM

Quite a few NPCs touch on that exact event as justification for their extremelly uncooperative attitude towards the 2 cops; the 2 cops constantly treading on thin ice to the point of allowing almost all of the crimes surrounding them due to it (and even somewhat understanding the fires in the background). So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this and say that it really is a lot about King—one of its main themes, if you will.

Not true from where I’m looking. The Rodney King issue & ensuing riots certainly provide a backdrop for the 2 cops trying to investigate the disappearance of two young guys.
I don’t know about the US but certainly in the UK where there are pockets of poverty & deprivation which do tend to lead to desperate means of earning a living via drug dealing, theft, prostitution etc but whether they are black or white the police are ‘the enemy’ whatever & will meet a bad attitude riots or not.  Where the population of poor deprived people, as in this game, are black then naturally they commit the crimes. Police brutality should obviously not be tolerated but as far as the Rodney King reference goes I just saw it as artificially adding weight to a climate of unrest amongst the poorest black community to justify the hostility, which already exists, towards the police force ........ or something like that.

I just want to add that there is far more to the game than that….......& it’s not about that.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thank goodness you liked the game, I was afraid people here would stone me for recommending it haha

I seem to remember that the developer told me there won’t be a sequel, although it might be a new case for the Oreo cops. I will ask him. In the meantime, you could play Billy Masters Was Right from the same guy, a very short (one hour) but funny game Maniac Mansion graphic style:

https://postmodernadventures.itch.io/billy

And yes, the game is not about the riots nor the hostility to the cops. The ending is great, isn’t it?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 05 October 2020 09:24 AM

I seem to remember that the developer told me there won’t be a sequel, although it might be a new case for the Oreo cops. I will ask him. In the meantime, you could play Billy Masters Was Right from the same guy, a very short (one hour) but funny game Maniac Mansion graphic style:

And yes, the game is not about the riots nor the hostility to the cops. The ending is great, isn’t it?

I loved the ending!

I’m disappointed that there won’t be a sequel but is the developer making anything else?
But meanwhile thank you for the link.  Smile

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 05 October 2020 09:33 AM
walas74 - 05 October 2020 09:24 AM

I loved the ending!

I’m disappointed that there won’t be a sequel but is the developer making anything else?
But meanwhile thank you for the link.  Smile

He is actually working in a new game, but he says it won’t be ready until the end of next year. It is a one-man-studio.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

AGS Awards Nominations Urban Witch Story:

Nominated, Best Game Created with AGS 2020

Nominated, Best Freeware Game Created with AGS 2020

Nominated, Best Writing 2020

Nominated, Best Gameplay 2020

Nominated, Best Background Art 2020

Nominated, Best Music & Sound 2020

I guess I wasn’t wrong when recommending this game Smile

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2021-03-15

PM

The style is interesting. I will download it as soon as possible. Thanks for the hard work

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 16 March 2021 01:00 AM

AGS Awards Nominations Urban Witch Story:

Nominated, Best Game Created with AGS 2020

Nominated, Best Freeware Game Created with AGS 2020

Nominated, Best Writing 2020

Nominated, Best Gameplay 2020

Nominated, Best Background Art 2020

Nominated, Best Music & Sound 2020

I guess I wasn’t wrong when recommending this game Smile

I thought it was a superb game so I’m delighted to see all of those well deserved nominations!  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top