• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Alien Function News and Updates

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Hell again, Adventure Gamers!

Work has been coming along nicely on Alien Function, and I thought I’d start this thread to give updates and share what we have as we go along. Alien Function is the 4th game in the Sir Typhil’s Tale series after Unicorn Dungeon, Poltergeist Treasure, and Leprechaun Shadow.

No launch date yet to announce. There will be a Steam page up very soon, though, and I’ll be sure to announce that here.

For now, I have a couple screenshots with many more to come. Enjoy!

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

The bar where you can have a beer after a long day at the office.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Alien Function has a working OS simulator. Use the computer for investigation, sabotage, and more.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

As you can see, Alien Function has a completely authentic hacking system. You could probably be a real hacker after playing this game!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

hightreason - 13 July 2020 11:36 AM

Alien Function has a working OS simulator. Use the computer for investigation, sabotage, and more.

hightreason - 14 July 2020 11:14 AM

As you can see, Alien Function has a completely authentic hacking system. You could probably be a real hacker after playing this game!

SOLD!

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Oh, fancy meeting you here in this garden.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Hmm, there’s something suspicious about this cryo-pod. Better check it out.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

While the doctors are busy with that patient, let’s figure out what I can take from this sick bay…

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

The gang’s all here, but…. what exactly are they plotting?

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Going to warp speed!

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Typhil might be in a bit of trouble here.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I dont actually see any updates at all the posts here except for the 1st, just some brag about some characters i don’t know to care for in the 1st place.

what is the story, any idea about the gameplay play style, how is it controlled; mouse or direct controls, is there a release date? any plan for voice actors to join the production, is it only for PC or will it be released on different platforms?
thank you.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Hello Advie. Sure, I can answer those questions. A lot of times I don’t know what it is people want to know, so questions are always great.

The story roughly follows on from from the first 3 games, but years later, and somehow Typhil is on a spaceship. He has lost a lot of his memory, and he isn’t even sure if the first 3 games were a dream or reality. But something is off about this ship, he just can’t quite place it.

Like the first three, it uses a a classic 3rd person, point and click adventure interface. Collecting inventory, talking to people, solving puzzles, that kind of thing.

Yes, this game will once again be fully voice acted. The existing main cast are all returning to reprise their roles, and there will of course be some new characters as well.

It is only PC. No plans for console release.

Thanks for the questions, and please ask anything else you’d like to know.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Will it make sense if we haven’t played the first three games already?

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Phlebas - 21 July 2020 01:30 PM

Will it make sense if we haven’t played the first three games already?

Absolutely. All the games in the series are stand-alone stories. They don’t depend on knowledge from earlier games.

This is probably even more true for Alien Function, however, as the main character, Typhil, has lost a lot of his memory, and can be viewed essentially as a new character because of that, so this would be a great game for people to get to know him without playing the prior games.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

This game looks pretty rad!

So far the setting reminds me of something like Anachronox, and since I’m not familiar with the rest of the series, I mean like a hard-sci-fi genre, but not too self-serious?
So am I far off, or only a bit off?

From far away, these screenshots are actually quite impressive in terms of how smooth in look of the characters models, and even quite a bit of detail in the environment.

So I guess I want to ask:  Do you think the computer terminal and O/S stuff is integrated throughout the gameplay, or is it more of a single-use puzzle mechanic or something?

And when I look at Typhil and the gang, it appears they have clothes from a past century or something, with belt buckles and scullery wench outfit and stuff.  IS there any more you can share about this clashing of classical attire against the sci fi setting?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top