• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit – a charming European mystery adventure

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

swordfish - 23 June 2020 05:40 AM

I really like that we will go to Lithuania in this game. I loved going to Paris and other places in Broken Sword, but there are so many other great (and slightly lesser known) places to visit in adventure games.

That’s really nice to hear! That’s exactly what we thought – visiting beautiful places all around the world in games is pretty cool, and it should be fun to visit the more exotic, lesser known locations too Smile

Recently released Crowns and Pawns
Very proud of having been part of Broken Sword 2.5

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m a little disappointed. Not with the game. I downloaded the demo. Opened it played for about four minutes searching for things. Something came up, and I had to quit the game. Tried resuming play this afternoon, and the game won’t open.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

rtrooney - 23 June 2020 04:25 PM

I’m a little disappointed. Not with the game. I downloaded the demo. Opened it played for about four minutes searching for things. Something came up, and I had to quit the game. Tried resuming play this afternoon, and the game won’t open.

Oh, that’s unfortunate, sorry to hear that! Frown As you may already know, the Steam Festival only lasted a week, and then the demos were deactivated. Well, we’ll definitely participate in events like that in the future. Or maybe just publish the demo sometime Smile

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-06-27

PM

Where in Lithuania will we go in this game? Or is that a secret? I have been lucky enough to visit Vilnius, but I know there are many other nice places in Lithuania. Will we also be able to cross the border and maybe visit some of your neighbours?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Šarūnas Ledas - 25 June 2020 02:06 AM

Oh, that’s unfortunate, sorry to hear that! Frown As you may already know, the Steam Festival only lasted a week, and then the demos were deactivated. Well, we’ll definitely participate in events like that in the future. Or maybe just publish the demo sometime Smile

I obviously misread your post. I thought the download “window” was just that. All I had to do was download the demo between the start and stop dates. I never thought it meant that I had to both download and complete the demo in that time frame.

That said, I think the game looks great. (Based of course on the scant four minutes I actually got to play it.) One quibble is that our protagonist seems to be in the way of things we want to do. E.g., when opening the mailbox, you have to put the hand icon on her back. If she were standing by the side of the mailbox, the hand icon would have direct access to it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

swordfish - 25 June 2020 05:06 AM

Where in Lithuania will we go in this game? Or is that a secret? I have been lucky enough to visit Vilnius, but I know there are many other nice places in Lithuania. Will we also be able to cross the border and maybe visit some of your neighbours?

Vilnius (the capital) is actually the main location the story takes place in. But yes, there will be some traveling to other places in Europe too! Don’t want to spoil it too soon, so I won’t say specific locations Wink)

rtrooney - 25 June 2020 06:43 PM
Šarūnas Ledas - 25 June 2020 02:06 AM

I obviously misread your post. I thought the download “window” was just that. All I had to do was download the demo between the start and stop dates. I never thought it meant that I had to both download and complete the demo in that time frame.

That said, I think the game looks great. (Based of course on the scant four minutes I actually got to play it.) One quibble is that our protagonist seems to be in the way of things we want to do. E.g., when opening the mailbox, you have to put the hand icon on her back. If she were standing by the side of the mailbox, the hand icon would have direct access to it.

Thanks for the insights! Yeah, the download vs play timeframe is a little confusing, since this is probably the first event of this kind on Steam. I’m not even sure if it’s the best way to do it, but, well, it wasn’t up to us, and it was still pretty cool as it is. So we’re happy Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Alas the demo is no longer on my system. If you ever post it again, please let us know. Four minutes has me interested. Who knows what might happen if I was albe to play the whole thing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-06-27

PM

I am very exited to see the great city of Vilnius in this game. I really like the bright colors in the two screenshots I saw from Vilnius. It reminds me of when I was there in may 2015. Ever since Fate Of Atlantis I loved going to different places in adventure games.  If the world gets back to normal again, I’m taking a boat to Klaipeda to se more of Lithuania and the other Baltic states.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

rtrooney - 26 June 2020 07:32 PM

Alas the demo is no longer on my system. If you ever post it again, please let us know. Four minutes has me interested. Who knows what might happen if I was albe to play the whole thing.

I’ll make sure to do so! Smile

swordfish - 02 July 2020 02:29 PM

I am very exited to see the great city of Vilnius in this game. I really like the bright colors in the two screenshots I saw from Vilnius. It reminds me of when I was there in may 2015. Ever since Fate Of Atlantis I loved going to different places in adventure games.  If the world gets back to normal again, I’m taking a boat to Klaipeda to se more of Lithuania and the other Baltic states.

Oh yeah, there’s quite a few cool places in the Baltic states to see Wink I hope we can get even more people excited like that with our game.

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

By the way, here’s a little teaser that shows customization of the main character. It’s one of the little innovations that we add to the genre – changing Milda’s appearance will be needed to solve some puzzles, but it’s also just a fun attraction to play around with Smile Have a look:

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Hi! Very happy to announce that we’re participating in the online Digital Dragons festival, during which you can play our Demo from now until Friday (2020-09-18)!

The Demo is right here on our Steam page (don’t forget to Wishlist if you like it) – click on the GIF:

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Is it the same Demo that was at the Steam Festival.

I really enjoyed it

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Lucien21 - 15 September 2020 03:07 PM

Is it the same Demo that was at the Steam Festival.

I really enjoyed it

Yes, it is (with a couple minor improvements). And thank you very much – glad to hear that! Smile

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

Hi everyone! This yeah has been… interesting Smile This is our team working from home and wishing all of you a great New Year with all the chaos of 2020 gone for good!

Joined 2018-06-04

PM

We’re taking part in The Big Adventure Event on Steam! Smile You can play the demo during the event and Wishlist it. We’re also hosting a live developer stream in 30 min., so tune in here:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top