• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

VirtuaVerse

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes I did see that a sequel was intended. My thought though was that the present game took 4 years to develop so unless the developers consider producing a much shorter game I can’t really see a sequel on the horizon.  Smile

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m delighted to see the very nice review here & the very nice four star rating.  Thumbs Up
Especially as it’s a rare thing when a reviewer likes a game as much as I (torch-bearer for 1-star games) do.  Laughing

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I noticed a few people on the Steam forum complaining about the second half because it’s less cyperpunk, but I was glad to see the review here mention the second half is where the game picks up. I agree and I wouldn’t have liked the game nearly as much if the whole of the game was spent in neon-drenched alleyways and clubs. The point where Nathan gets to the Blade HQ is, IMO, where the game turns from ‘good’ to ‘great’.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

I might check it out.  Although these days it’s hard for me to get into retro graphics adventure games without voice acting.  The voice acting in Technobabylon really elevated that game and made it great (one of my recent favs). 

PlanetX - 18 May 2020 03:37 PM

I think Luhr has a point about the writing. There are many moments where the writer is clearly using Nathan as a self insert to complain about personal issues that have basically nothing to do with the plot (nobody listens to full albums anymore! they only listen to playlists! No surprise, the writer is also a musician.). Which is a hallmark of beginner writing.

That’s funny because I hate playlists and I only listen to full albums.  How else are you going to hear songs other than “the hits?”

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv played about an hour and enjoying it. I really like the visuals and music. I definitely feel like the writing has issues so far.. like things are said in longer redundant ways. But I’m intrigued so far.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Having played a bunch more I have to say I find the puzzle structure often dizzying and the story hard to take seriously. Im frequently in the middle of 3 chains of tasks and I often don’t know why im doing what I’m doing and when I realize why my reaction is “really? I did this all because of that. Couldn’t I have just done this.” Still I’m a little proud of myself that I havnt looked at a walkthrough for anything yet.. but it is often testing my patience. The game has a certain charm for sure.. so I won’t stop now.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I really am enjoying the game, but i have to take a second to call it out for this tragically laughable puzzle moment: Even before i knew why i needed the fruit on the tree in the jungle area, i found it and tried things to get it. It seemed logical to throw the harpoon on the cord.. to which the game responds thats too risky if the fruit falls. Okay. So now im thinking im on the right track but i need a net or something to secure the fruit after throwing the harpoon at it. So i continue on.. and as im cycling through my tasks which i dont know why im doing, i get down to one of the only ones left im working on is getitng this laser machine from the kid… and im thinking no please dont let it be that im taking down this fruit with a laser cannon from half a mile away.  And lo and behold, while the main character found it too risky to throw a harpoon at the fruit, he sees no problem with shooting down the entire tree off the face of a cliff. An ultimate face-palm moment.
But despite logic issues, i really do think its a fun game. Its very much modeled around the classic games where puzzle solutions are convoluted and make no-little practical sense. But the puzzle solving process is fun… thats what counts in the end.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top