• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for a specific game

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was just wondering what happened to the magnifying icon next to ‘Discover’ at the top to be able to click on in order to type in titles of games?
CaliMonk you haven’t responded for a few days - are you okay??

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I still see it, Chrissie?

Its visibility is dependant on screen width though; it’s the first thing that will disappear if the browser window is too narrow.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I can see it on the main forum page, but not here nor in Adventure.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Strange. I also see it on all three of those screens. LK, you’re viewing those pages in full-screen size, or at least not a dramatically reduced window size?

What browser are you using?

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

chrissie - 14 May 2020 10:37 AM

I was just wondering what happened to the magnifying icon next to ‘Discover’ at the top to be able to click on in order to type in titles of games?
CaliMonk you haven’t responded for a few days - are you okay??

I am fine yes! Super swamped with work so I occasionally miss messages, feel free to ping me through email in those cases though! (It’s what Jack does ;-))

The glass shows up if it’s wide enough, but which page you’re visiting really shouldn’t matter too much. Can you screenshot for me? It might help.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m using Firefox and a full window.  The magnifying glass has now disappeared on the main page as well.

Here’s what it looks like:

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Interesting. I made some performance improvements last night that significantly increase the speed (mainly the perceived) that could cause this effect, but that should only be a second or so the very first time.

Could you please go to “Tools”, “Web developer” and “Web console” and share a screenshot of that?

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Made some changes to the loading order, let me know if this resolved anything for you. In my Firefox things look fine, but I might be on a different version.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The alert says Some cookies are misusing the recommended “sameSite” attribute.

Edit:  I can’t get my screenshot of the web console to show up here.  It’s long and narrow and Photobucket doesn’t seem happy with it.  I’ll send you an email. 

By the way, the magnifying glass works fine in Safari.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The magnifying glass now works in Firefox on my iMac.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top