• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The White Door

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

As you know I’m a big Rusty Lake fan and I did love The White Door. But somehow it is not quite as good as the previous ones. Don’t know why. Might be the easy puzzles or the story. Less creepy perhaps.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Still working on the achievements. Smile

There’s a countdown at http://www.mentalhealthandfishing.com. Announcements for new games? Extras for this one?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Interesting… I do know they have been working on 3 other projects along side The White Door so maybe another game?!

Edit: There is a drawing for prizes that you will be able to enter once you find all the stars and it seems the countdown is related to extra game content. Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Prizes? Wow, I must have missed that announcement. No prizes for me, I still haven’t found all the achievements. But I’ll be present when the countdown reaches zero, I want to know all about the last secret achievement.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As a fan myself of the Rusty Lake series I couldn’t resist The White Door.
It seemed very easy apart from in a few places that took a little more thought.
There seemed to be a focus on the developer playing around with interactive movement throughout i.e. clicking & dragging the mouse to e.g. open drawers. I quite liked that & there was nothing too difficult or annoying at all. I liked the premise & the atmosphere of the game despite very basic graphics actually but there must be so much more to do as I only got 3/15 achievments on completing the game.  Cry

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Some achievements are not so easy to find but their names are helpful. I had to look up two stars in a Steam guide. Shifty Eyed  When you have all the stars you receive an invitation to enter the drawing, so I guess SirBeardalot has found all his stars too. There were 16 stars originally and one of them mysteriously disappeared. That must be the Basement the devs will tell us more about on the 22nd.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Another huge Rusty Lake/Cube Escape fan here!  Laughing

I downloaded The White Door as soon as I could but didn’t race through it like others did. Got 10 achievements during my first playthrough over the weekend and eventually found the rest over repeated replays of certain days/dreams.

The devs always insisted the gameplay experience would be unlike all the previous titles, so I wasn’t disappointed by the visual novel style of storytelling.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I was there when the countdown at mentalhealthandfishing ended. Nothing.  Cry
Turns out the site is overloaded. LOL!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

This is great fun! One big puzzle. New and important youtube clip too.
The puzzles in the White Door may have been very easy, but this one sure is not.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Karlok - 22 January 2020 08:12 AM

This is great fun! One big puzzle. New and important youtube clip too.
The puzzles in the White Door may have been very easy, but this one sure is not.

Interesting. I sent a “test” email to see if it was automated but no response. Have you tried calling the number now that the site is live? I can’t make international calls unfortunately. Meh Now to work on the logins. Smile

Ok, this just keeps getting deeper, youtube videos, instagram. Gotta love some ARG! Smile Looks like we gotta find the right answers for the test on the site. The photos on the site and instagram give clues.

Ummm… they just took it to a whole new level! Once you pass the test you get access to archives of previous patients. There are pics and documents in those archives that lead to real life locations where you can get a real black cube! But most have been found at this point. The Rusty Lake discord has been blowing up all morning and afternoon with people tracking them down. Craziness!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sir Beardalot - 22 January 2020 11:35 AM

Interesting. I sent a “test” email to see if it was automated but no response. Have you tried calling the number now that the site is live?

Yes, that’s one of the first things I did but the message is the same as before. In case you don’t know, Mr Owl says: Sorry, The White Door is closed now. Visit our website mentalhealthandfishing after the 22nd.

The puzzle is a bit too difficult for my old brain but I love it. Knowledge of the other Rusty Lake games is definitely an advantage. I also visited their discord to see what people had come up with, this is perfect stuff for the hive mind.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top