• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Poisoned Pawn: A Tex Murphy Adventure gets a new directive

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Hello Adventure Gamers!

I’m here to provide a general update and inform everybody that ‘The Poisoned Pawn’ project just got another major update.

Aside from a complete website redesign, this latest update (and news post contained within) focuses on many developments: New Unity version (upgraded to 5.6), a sample from the new orchestral soundtrack, progress on the new FMV, screenshots, videos, and more.

But the REALLY big news is an all-new directive:

“The Poisoned Pawn is act one of the final chapter in the Tex Murphy series.”

This basically means the project has officially moved beyond being just a reboot of Overseer…

“While we are revisiting various aspects of Tex’s past (with a primary focus on Overseer), this story takes place in 2051, right after the events of Tesla Effect, and explores some of the most iconic moments from Tex’s previous cases in a whole new light. This is to prepare both players and Tex himself for the big finale. Nothing in the Tex Murphy universe (since the events of Mean Streets) has been an accident. The game has been played, the pieces have been set, and now it is time to look back and pay closer attention to the man behind the curtain, before making the final move.”

So yes, this means The Poisoned Pawn is the next title in the Tex Murphy series, period.

If you want more information, and to check out the update you can check out the new site here: thepoisonedpawn.com.

Here are some screenshots from the latest development…

I would also like the opportunity to thank everybody who took part in our Tex Murphy and Adventure Game survey. We received over 6,000 pages of data from hundreds of adventure gamers just like you! We collated the data and took many of your concerns and feedback into consideration during the development of our title.

That’s all for now! Thanks, and take care everybody!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I gotta say, I really like how this looks. Those location shots feel just perfect and I for one am really looking forward to this. Here’s hoping that the rest of the series gets remade in this loving manner.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

tomimt - 17 May 2017 04:03 PM

I gotta say, I really like how this looks. Those location shots feel just perfect and I for one am really looking forward to this. Here’s hoping that the rest of the series gets remade in this loving manner.

He just said it was not a remake…

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

yes it started as a remake but has progressed past this now.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

This still looks really good, and reminds me I have to finally get around to playing Tesla Effect, most likely with a guide on hand.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Silence.. What is going on with new Tex?

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

its still in progress, should be an update coming through soon

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-09-13

PM

Does anyone know if this project is still alive? It looks soooooo promising, but there has been no news since may 2017.
The official webpages doesn’t have any updates either.

I’ve just stolen all your laxatives…

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

According to the developer on Twitter they’re still working on it:

(I see he replied to someone else’s tweet about the game in September too)

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

we were told by Aaron conners that an update will be soon, that was in August so we are still waiting.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-09-13

PM

Good to know that the project is still alive.

Thanks to Phlebas and plumgas for following up.

Smile

I’ve just stolen all your laxatives…

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Hot diggity!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top