• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game Information

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I know exactly how hard could it be to update all the titles info but i couldnt help to ask if we can have a box about the availability of VO within the rest of the info about Platform, Perspective, Controls..etc too.

Thanks

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

I don’t understand what purpose that would serve. Voiceover isn’t really a defining characteristic of a game that would place it in a certain category. Some games have limited voiceover, like Danganronpa, for example, where some lines or parts of lines are voiced, while others aren’t. Some games only offer VO during cinematics, or make characters vocalize in a different manner. What about games that offer VO, but not in the language you prefer? Aside from the logistics of having to update an entire database, a VO box wouldn’t tell you much information about the game at all. You’d still need to do your own research, and if you’re doing that anyway, what’s the point of having a database indicator?

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Steam marks whether or not a game has Full Audio which I find inordinately useful so I can see why it’s a benefit to be able to search it in a database.

It’s not that I won’t play a game without full audio but it’s one of the things I use to dismiss games that don’t come highly recommended.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s really not a bad idea, since I know a lack of voices is a deal-breaker for some people. But Ninja’s right that the real hurdle is the logistics of implementing a new category to a database of thousands. Plus the fact that when new games are added, we often don’t know if they have voices are not.

But consider the suggestion duly noted, and if we can find a manageable game to work it in, we might just do that.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so if i get you all the data Jack, will ye update it?
i can do that no problem if ye have no time.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Would you split some games into two that had voices added in later version. Some early Lucasart games only have voices on the CD version.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 05 October 2018 01:08 PM

Would you split some games into two that had voices added in later version. Some early Lucasart games only have voices on the CD version.

They can add a third option for that. Doesn’t have to be a binary choice.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 05 October 2018 01:08 PM

i guess its not in need Lucien, the updat(ed) wins, or take over the old version, if you understand what i mean or say Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top