• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Delaware or Inherent Evil? I need your thoughts!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Hello!

As I’ve been preparing to run a kickstarter campaign to raise the money to move forward on the 4th Delaware St. John game, more than a few people have asked “Where’s Inherent Evil 2?” This has gotten me thinking and I decided I’d bring the topic up here.

Many years back I began work on Inherent Evil 2 but at the time figured the budget was too much to attempt to raise so I put it on hold.

My question to all of you is, what game would you prefer to see get made? The 4th Delaware game or a second Inherent Evil?

I realise Inherent Evil is 13 years old now so perhaps more people are familiar with Delaware but just the same I’d like to hear your voice!

So, should I run a campaign for Delaware 4, Inherent Evil 2 or run both and find the answer that way?

What do you think?

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

I know this is a useless reply, but from my POV, well, I’ve never even heard of Inhernt Evil. OTOH, I’ve bought all Delaware St. John games, and I’d be interested in a new one. No promises, but I’d say I’d be more likely to back a DSJ-Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

These are nice Dillemas for Adventure Gamers. I know Inherent Evil. It is an well known game. Do you think that you would be able to make them Both? Delaware 4 and Inherent Evil 2? How much money would you require for both of them?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Throw me into the ‘Inherent Evil?’ category. Loved Delaware to death, but it wasn’t until I saw the post on Facebook that I learned of Inherent Evil. I’d have to give it a go if I was to make my opinion. Then again, i’m all for you ugys working on another game. Though i’d prefer to see another Delaware episode for now.

How much would you be asking for? (minus the rewards cost. Just want to see what your bare minimum would be)

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Inherent Evil is a very underrated adventure IMO. I understand it was meant to be the first part of a series, but the story in “The Hotel” felt like it was very much self contained and since it’s been over ten years I’m not sure continuing the series now would really make sense. And wasn’t the hotel in Delaware 1 basically the same as in Inherent Evil anyway? I say continue the more recent Delaware St John series. I think they have gotten better with each part. The first two were a bit too “childish” in tone for my taste, but the third one was clearly a step in the right direction. Meatier and more mature in tone. Would definitely buy a fourth. Good luck!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Although the Kickstarter failed for DSJ4 (they had aimed for waaaay to much $$$‘s), producing the fourth game is still going ahead according to the Facebook page and they have some art work up on it also.  I never played Inherent Evil, but I really enjoyed the first three games in the DSJseries.  Looking forward to ‘Asylum of the lost’ a great deal.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate them.

To answer the money question, our first attempt was to make the game “bigger” through new technology, though it drove our cost sky-high.  The second time around I’m trying to get a $50-60K budget as an initial goal and adding more length to the game if we can get past it.  This is cutting the game cost down to bare bones while keeping quality in tact.

-Bryan

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

BWiegele - 27 October 2012 04:33 PM

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate them.

To answer the money question, our first attempt was to make the game “bigger” through new technology, though it drove our cost sky-high.  The second time around I’m trying to get a $50-60K budget as an initial goal and adding more length to the game if we can get past it.  This is cutting the game cost down to bare bones while keeping quality in tact.

-Bryan

Yeah, those are called ‘Stretch Goals’. DEFINITELY use them. When I get around to uploading my kickstarter, I’ll rely on stretch goals for improvements and set a decent low-mid indie budget. Only thing I’m not looking forward to is setting up backer rewards! lol

You know, if you only can rely on the barebones in the end, you can always release an extended/directors cut of the game once you made profit off of the original.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top