• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So, do you Think We’ll See any Adventure Games on the PS Vita?

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

We’ve seen so many AGs on the original DS, despite its limitations, and I think it’s prime time we saw some on the Vita, a console that could really bring out some potential. Whether it be rereleases of old games (here’s hoping the Broken Swords are put on the PSOne Classics store), brand new titles, or even indie titles in the downloads section.

With the power of the Vita, along with it’s larger touch screen, I feel it would be the perfect system for adventures on the go.

Has anyone heard about any adventures coming its way, or anyone think there’s a likely chance?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oh yeah, the Vita which is doing horribly. The perfect system for adventures were the 3DS and smartphones. Meh Vita was….great, just that it was executed poorly for the fact that people don’t use mobile gaming devices anymore. They rely on Cellphones, which can do everything, but better. People rely on the addiction of the cell phone. Nothing wrong with that because its convenient.

Funny because Sony was going to release an android based cellphone like Vita, but they canned it. Regrets? You bet! Just like my PSP, ex-psp. It is collecting dust because it no longer has a place in the modern lifestyles. 3ds will always find work because its Nintendo. They know how to create games for it that make you keep coming back.

In the end. No, Vita won’t see that chance, nor will it have that long of a lifetime.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It always seemed to me that the PSP (and now also the PSVita) was targetting more or less the same demographic as the PS/PS2/PS3 (mostly males between 12 and 24 years of age).
That’s not the demographic that plays adventure games.

This is also why the DS is a lot more popular, since that’s mainly aimed at children and women of all ages pretty much *everyone else*. That also means that it has a bigger market for adventure games.

The Vita appears to be “too little too late”, so I don’t think the marketshare will increase much, and neither will the target demographic. Hence, adventure games on the Vita are imo a lost cause.

Anyway, I’m probably over-generalizing here, but that’s definitely how it appears in Belgium: plenty of people have a (3)DS, but nearly no-one has a PSP/Vita, and game-availability in stores represents this. You’ll find one shelf with PSP/Vita games for every 6-8 shelves of (3)DS-games.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Wait a moment… I’m 23, so that means I only have a year left of PlayStation-gaming, and I’m not allowed to play Adventure Games? Frown

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

its not a question of whether there’ll be adventure games for the vita… its a question of whether they’ll get localized. Theres a bunch of adventure-ish games on the psp, but less than a handful were localized.
The 3ds promises to be far more appealing for adventure gamers, and since its a bigger cheaper market, we’l see more localizations.
Oh and on that note… i encourage psp owners to try “corpse party” on the psn. Its not for the squeamish.. (mainly just very violent text descriptions). But i really liked it, and its sequel could get localized if the game sold well enough (though im not optimistic).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s really a shame the Vita is doing so bad, it’s a great system, so much better for gaming than any cellphone iOS/android/anything related. It already has a good library. Hope this fall releases (assassins creed, need for speed) give it some life.
3DS is also a good system and with the Nintendo games support it will always succeed.

Anyway, the questions is adventure games for the system and the answer is Virtue’s Last Reward coming this year.

Also, like zane said, I recommend corpse party on the psn. Interesting horror adventure/novel.
Other psn releases might be a possibility in the future, not counting on a lot of retail releases like the DS got.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Here’s the skinny on the Vita:

1) Sales in the beginning were subpar due to high price and no games. That has been corrected by numerous bundles being released that include a system, a game and a memory card for one low price. These bundles sell like crazy.

2) Virtue’s Last Reward - the sequel to “999” will be out on the VITA on the 23rd and the Japanese release on the 3DS got rave reviews.

3) The award winning adventure game “Machinerum” is coming to the VITA in early 2013.

4) The VITA is almost as powerful as a PS3 and most laptop computers - games are simply amazing on it - Uncharted and Gravity Rush have to be seen to be believed.

5) I bought a used PSP-3000 for $59 dollars and the adventure games “Shadow of Destiny” and Silent Hill Shattered Dreams for $15 dollars each and was floored by how well they played.

6) I own a 3DS XL and about a hundred DS/3DS adventure games - so I know that Nintendo will always do well here - the adventure game Prof Layton and the Mask of Miracle was the best selling game when the 3DS system launched. The Classic adventure game Myst is going to be released on the same day as Virtue’s Last Reward and 5 days before Mask of Miracle in NA. That’s 3 adventure games in 5 days for the 3DS!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 11 October 2012 04:23 PM

Wait a moment… I’m 23, so that means I only have a year left of PlayStation-gaming, and I’m not allowed to play Adventure Games? Frown

(Over)generalizing leads to lots of exceptions… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I bought “Zero Effect - Virtue’s Last Reward” and I really like it. Great graphics and story.

Hopefully we’ll see more games like this one released.

Content

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Persona 4 is getting released for the Vita next month. This game will feature interesting characters and story.

Sales as usual will dictate how many games get localized here - If Zero Effect and Personna 4 sell well you;ll get more of them.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top