• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Harvey’s New Eyes

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

At the moment I’m playing ” Harvey’s New Eyes ” has to be one of the best adventure games of the year .....SO much fun and I really like the song as well Smile

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

Agreed*! Too bad it’s not getting more attention.

*with the exception of a game-breaking glitch I ran into

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’m currently playing as well (not far in - need to get the recipe back) and, whilst the concept is good, some of the voicing (English) is terrible. The commentator’s voice grates particularly along with Freeman’s and Shawney’s. Plus a lot of the dialogue is very repetative when NPC’s are talking to Lilli.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Jabod - 21 October 2012 09:43 AM

I’m currently playing as well (not far in - need to get the recipe back) and, whilst the concept is good, some of the voicing (English) is terrible. The commentator’s voice grates particularly along with Freeman’s and Shawney’s. Plus a lot of the dialogue is very repetative when NPC’s are talking to Lilli.

That is what I have found so far too. The idea of the game is a lot better than the execution. Maybe the German voices are better. Still, definitely one of the better games of the year, and the more I play the more it grows on me. Inside Lilli’s head is a wonderful place to be Smile

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-10-20

PM

The German version has quiete good voice acting and Götz Otto as the narrator is EPIC. He often reaches Garry Owens level of awesomeness, though his style is different of course.

It’s sad that the English voice acting is so lame.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

Jabod - 21 October 2012 09:43 AM

Actually, I quite like the voice acting especially the narrator Smile

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-11-11

PM

Is there a complete walkthrough for the English version? I can’t find it anywhere, and it would help me greatly.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

TrevorNZ - 21 October 2012 05:18 PM

Actually, I quite like the voice acting especially the narrator Smile

I’m not so bothered now, perhaps I’ve just got used to him and Shawney and Freeman were only minor characters in the end so can be forgotten about. I did think, when I started, that Lilli’s way of “talking” would start to annoy but I must say that I find it rather endearing.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Phaid - 22 October 2012 01:33 PM

Is there a complete walkthrough for the English version? I can’t find it anywhere, and it would help me greatly.

Why not post where you’re stuck in the Hints section? I’ll help if I can as, no doubt, will others.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the game uses the Java software platform like the original game did?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’m enjoying the game more the further I get. It’s hard to give a mute character a personality but they did pretty well, though I’m finding she doesn’t have quite as many actions as Edna did.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-04-10

PM

I got a game breaking bug at chapter 2. I pressed ‘esc’ when lilly was looking at the bar menu, and when i got back to the game, nothing is clickable. I can still go in and out of locations, but the inventory doesn’t pop up and left click on object does nothing. also, pressing esc doesn’t work anymore. i had to hard quit the game through the task manager. started it back up, and of course the autosaving saved it with bug included, and the last manual save i had was at the beginning of chapter 1.  too bad, i was actually having fun, but i ain’t going through all of that again. guess i’ll just watch a playthrough on youtube Neutral

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top