• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for pure puzzle adventure games

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I’m addicted to the puzzles in adventure games and find that most times the story gets in the way. I really enjoyed Machinarium because it was almost entirely puzzles. What other games are like that?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-05-28

PM

Yeah, I agree. Have been looking for ages for a pure4 puzzle game like that and haven’t seen much since Safecracker. I shall look into Machinarium but it would be appreciated if you could let me know if you spot any others.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Do you mean adventure games without dialogue? Then I guess “The Neverhood” would be the obvious choice.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

You will probably enjoy the Gobliiins series by Coktel Vision. I would’ve also recommended Full Pipe, but I have no idea if it’s available anymore. Machinarium is similar to both of them. Adventuregamers also suggests Puzzle Bots as a game you might like. And The Neverhood, of course. That goes without saying Smile

Other than that, the most classical examples of puzzle/adventure games are 7th Guest and 11th Hour. And, of course, Myst series and many Myst-inspired games. My personal favourite of all of them is Zork Nemesis.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

In addition to what Arial Type suggests, off the top of my head I can think of the two Puzzle Agent games, as well as the Drawn series.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

You should look into the Rhem games. There’s 4 of them with rumors of a fifth pending.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I second Gobliiins, I used to love that stuff back in the day. These days I’m a lot more into story driven games in general but can still appreciate some good puzzles now and then.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Professor Layton games if you have a DS.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Have you considered “casual” games?  Some of these are puzzle heavy with minimal story.  Specifically, the game Azada comes to my mind.  You could always download a free trial of it from Big Fish or Amazon and see if it is the type of thing you’re looking for.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2008-12-23

PM

SAFECRACKER: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/17977

It’s pretty much all puzzle and I really enjoyed it.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

How about games such as Botanicula and samorost 1 and 2?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. You have all been a great help, I’m sure. I look forward to playing them.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Pure Puzzle adventure games that are more puzzle orientated thsn story and characters?

Why you should look at “The Crystal Key” and “Crystal Key 2: The Far Realm” - these should make you very happy.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top