• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Player rating problem?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I submitted three ratings a couple of days ago (Thaumistry, Xing, and Darkside Detective) but they’re not showing up. Is there a problem with the player ratings?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Karlok - 12 October 2017 06:46 AM

I submitted three ratings a couple of days ago (Thaumistry, Xing, and Darkside Detective) but they’re not showing up. Is there a problem with the player ratings?

Noticed that today, fixed just now. Was related to an upgrade of the database, all good now (you have to re-submit unfortunately, though…)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks! I’ll submit them again.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry to bother you again, but the problem with the player ratings is still there.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Looking..

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Is it with a specific game or more a review?

Just tried it one game (Nancy Drew review)

Rating Submitted

Thanks for submitting your rating.
—-

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I get the same Rating Submitted message.

My user name and score doesn’t appear on the list of user reviews.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 30 October 2017 10:32 AM

Is it with a specific game or more a review?

I tried to rate The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk and got the “rating submitted"response. When the rating hadn’t shown up I submitted it again a couple of days later. Still nothing.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I can confirm that ratings aren’t saved… Looking into the issue as it _does_ save if I do it (and I do see other ratings as well). Terribly sorry, will try and resolve this!

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Made some changes/fixes, if you submit a review it’ll show up and will allow you to edit it again (that should have always been the case, but wasn’t properly working for some reason..).

Can either of you test this for me? Please pick a game like the Last Wind Monk and submit either a Score or a Rating (so with text) and let me know what you did, what it said and if it gave you the possibility of re-editing your rating for instance when going to the reviews overview:

https://adventuregamers.com/games/view_reviews/31042

There at times is a short delay (of about 10 minutes) for things to display, this is deliberate as it helps us run this server at a much better efficiency (otherwise we would need much more servers to handle our traffic..)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I submitted a rating for The Last Wind Monk and got the usual message. I immediately checked my list of ratings and it had been added, but at first it didn’t seem to show up next to the AG review. I then checked the general info and the player reviews. It was there, so I edited it and turned it into a very short review. Got the response Your rating/review has been successfully updated. Everything works fine now as far as I can tell.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

There is a short delay before it shows on the AG review, I’m thinking of ways I can make that more immediate but for now, a short delay.

If you have a ‘big’ review, do you feel that this is actually the problem? I’ll do some testing to see if I can validate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 31 October 2017 09:38 AM

If you have a ‘big’ review, do you feel that this is actually the problem? I’ll do some testing to see if I can validate.

I very rarely do reviews. But I’ll let you know when I’ve submitted my review of Thaumistry later today.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Well, I’ve made quite some changes to the article page and believe I’ve uncovered several bugs in the ‘rating’ and ‘review’ code. Made the needed fixes and after testing I believe this is now fully squashed as a bug and should work fine!

Please do keep sharing your reviews/ratings :-)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry to bother you again, but I can’t seem to submit a rating/review anymore. Not just one specific game, I tried several games. I can still see the option to submit a rating, but clicking it does nothing.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Karlok - 27 February 2018 10:40 AM

Sorry to bother you again, but I can’t seem to submit a rating/review anymore. Not just one specific game, I tried several games. I can still see the option to submit a rating, but clicking it does nothing.

Hmmm.. do you have examples of which games you’ve tried? (want to check the system if your ratings did arrive..)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top