• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Archived forums

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I searched for a pre-2012 quiz in the old archived forums and found the thread I was looking for but clicking on it took me back here to the current forums. I did several searches, same results. I can still read my PMs and read the posts on the first page of the few threads shown in the forums. Later pages also take me back here.

Is this a permanent thing?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Karlok - 28 September 2017 07:48 PM

I searched for a pre-2012 quiz in the old archived forums and found the thread I was looking for but clicking on it took me back here to the current forums. I did several searches, same results. I can still read my PMs and read the posts on the first page of the few threads shown in the forums. Later pages also take me back here.

Is this a permanent thing?

can you show me the URL you’re visiting? I can check to fix the URL’s, as I’ve moved the archive to https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums, some URL’s might still need to be updated.

Ivo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve had this problem as well when trying to go back to the old forums to look for stuff. One thing that seems broken is the highlight function.

So if I search for “sound”, I get a bunch of threads, with links like:

https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16402-adventure-game-sound-uh-game.html?highlight=sound

If you click this link, you’re sent back to the main page. However, if you take out the highlight part, like this:

https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16402-adventure-game-sound-uh-game.html

now the link works.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

PS to my previous post: Yesterday all pages except the first one in a thread (not the threads I was looking for) took me back here. Today they don’t, I can read them.

EDIT: Taking out the “highlight” part, as mentioned in post #3, seems to work for the first page of that particular link but not for subsequent pages and not for my own links, which don’t have the “highlight” part anyway.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Karlok - 29 September 2017 07:29 AM

PS to my previous post: Yesterday all pages except the first one in a thread (not the threads I was looking for) took me back here. Today they don’t, I can read them.

EDIT: Taking out the “highlight” part, as mentioned in post #3, seems to work for the first page of that particular link but not for subsequent pages and not for my own links, which don’t have the “highlight” part anyway.

Thanks, I can work with this. I have some thoughts of what might be causing this. As said I had to migrate the domain from ‘archive.adventuregamers.com’ to ‘adventuregamers.com/archive/forum’ (to ensure it supports HTTPS) and although in general the forum has the right links in some cases unclear to me it makes the links in the old format.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 29 September 2017 07:38 AM
Karlok - 29 September 2017 07:29 AM

Thanks, I can work with this. I have some thoughts of what might be causing this. As said I had to migrate the domain from ‘archive.adventuregamers.com’ to ‘adventuregamers.com/archive/forum’ (to ensure it supports HTTPS) and although in general the forum has the right links in some cases unclear to me it makes the links in the old format.

I believe i’ve fixed these issues. It might be that your browser still caches some of it, so please close it fully and re-open or use an incognito window to test if it properly does what it should now.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks, works fine now. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top