• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Devil’s Cove is on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-10-08

PM

Hello, we are Anarchy Enterprises, an indie developer. We would like to show to you an adventure game we’ve been working on called Devil’s Cove.

Devil’s Cove is a classic Point & Click adventure that takes place in a cursed harbor town, where an unknown evil is running rampant. The townsfolk thought it might be a plague, so they called in the expert who specializes in these kinds of things - the notorious Plague Doctor. But soon the town discovers the plague may be the least of their concerns, and they may have inadvertently let the devil in through the back door. When the game begins, you arrive at the dock - and it isn’t long before the local authorities stonewall your efforts to find out what’s going on. Their hands are certainly dirty… but have they all sold their souls?

We were inspired by Kickstarter successes like Broken Sword and Double Fine, which showed us there is still a demand for old-school adventure games. We always wanted to make this kind of game, but didn’t think there was a realistic way to get it published. In the past we’ve done a lot of casual games, either Hidden Object or casual adventure hybrids. But we’ve also wanted to make a more core-adventure game like the ones we still have fun playing, so we started a Kickstarter campaign to help us get it funded. If you would like to see an old-school, Point & Click/Tap adventure game (Mac/PC/iOS/Android/Linux), please watch our video and consider helping to fund our project!

Kickstarter Page

Project Updates:
Update #1: Beware the Plague Doctor, plus Linux Support, UOYA and more
Update #2: Behind the Scenes: Meet The Plague Doctor
Update #3: Behind the Scenes: Making Game Environments
Update #4: Devil’s Cove Avatars

Around the web
Facebook :: Twitter :: Tumblr

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

It certainly is a beautiful looking game. Wink

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love your artwork. VERY high quality - great stuff. However, just one question I couldn’t find an answer to looking through your Kickstarter-page and -updates, is the scenes we’re seeing the sorta final look with characters blended in? Because to me it appears slightly… weird. Like the characters are more part of the background than actually there, if that makes any sense?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The characters don’t seem to cast a shadow. It’s probably that, Kasper.

Artwork looks a lot better in these pictures than it did in the trailer, imo. Colour me interested… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

TimovieMan: That and the style and quality of them are the same as the background, so to the mind they just appear to be just that… background art.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

It looks really nice and also the storyline is very interesting, so I’ve just pledged to it. I hope you manage to get funding although it looks like it could be difficult. Maybe mention it in the Project Eternity comments area which is busy on Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Okay, I haven’t checked out the kickstarter page yet, but it sounds like an absolutely fantastic story to me. Smile

To me it feels like something the likes of Revolution or Jane Jensen could easily sink their teeth into.

Heading over to the kickstarter now…:)

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Seems you have a very good storyline and the art style is really to my liking. I’ll probably pledge too.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-10-08

PM

Just want to say thanks for all the kind words of support. We are busy trying to promote the game and to get the word out, but we’ll have some more updates going soon!

Thanks again,
Anarchy Enterprises

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

This looks pretty good! I like the atmosphere.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top