• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 27 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Seven games that make you want to commit suicide, Day 4: I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

Mankind has been obliterated by a supercomputer gone mad, only 5 people are left, going through a century of psychological torture at the hands (?) of the computer. Dark, depressing, hopeless, IHNM is pretty much all you need to push you over the edge—literally.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’ve heard so much about it and I still haven’t played it. It is very high in my “next to play” list…

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Great, great game. Suicide worthy in the good way!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Playing that game in the dark, alone, I felt like I was in hell.

I don’t know if it’s “underrated”, but it definitely is one of the better adventure games out there.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

That most Depressive game ever…. one of a kind

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

YES! IHNMAIMS is a great game. It was also the first game I was sure you would use in your special series. Smile And the second one was…  Sealed Lips

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I’ve always wanted to play this, but since it’s only available from the maker’s website at a slightly hefty price, I have yet to get it.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

IHNMaIMS is one of the most original and most underrated adventure games I know about.
I was delighted the first time I played it, so delighted I immediately wrote a review of it at that other forum.

IHNMaIMS has a unique plot, unique characters, unique puzzles, unique interface, unique atmosphere. It never crossed my mind to comit a suicide while playing IHNMaIMS (at least not because of it), I only wanted to play more and more.

IHNMaIMS is not flawless, but it’s still one of the best games I have played.

P.S. Harlan Ellison did a terrific job voicing AM (to boot).
P.P.S. You can play IHNMaIMS on modern OSs (Win 7 included) thanks to ScummVM.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Been wanting to play it ever since reading that zobraks’ review. Would you believe it comes from the same guys who made a jolly family-friendly Inherit the Earth? Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Always wanted to play this one.

I was trying to get this game, but I can only find in harlanellison.com and have print a form and mail it overseas…?!? $32 + $4 I think. Is this the only way to buy the game?
Google search only takes me to abandonware sites…

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

IHNMAIMS is rare and expensive these days. You’d be very lucky if you could buy it for only 32 dollars. (See amazon, ebay.) But the harlan ellison site doesn’t send stuff overseas. More importantly, I don’t think they still have the game available. The site may even be dead. No harm in asking them though.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I haven’t played “I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream” yet, but I know a lot about it, and have seen enough screens of it to conclude that it is probably the only game that could make me commit suicide, and that’s probably the only reason why I haven’t played it yet.

It’s a great game though, with a well developed story (no wonder, it was made after a short story) and a lot of tension, and even though I wouldn’t be trilled with the graphics, it would still be enough to terrify me to death. Definitely worth playing.  Thumbs Up

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top