• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2012 Fall Tournament at Mystery Manor

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 20 September 2012 02:33 AM

So I’ve been through the FAQs and instructions and still have no idea what this is about. Could someone pls provide me with a quick tutorial?

The competition lasts five weeks (this year). Each week you are served two HUGE puzzles and you have to submit your answers by the end of a week (plenty of time, but you’ll always have trouble meeting the deadline). You get to solve rebuses, sudoku, anagrams, figure out game titles with most of the letters omitted, guess the sceens (full screenshots or assorted details) from AGs (think AG scene, 10-fold), game music, box covers and so on. The greatest beauty of this contest is that each year The Gamemaster provides fresh and original (always mind-numbing!) riddles, so no-one can tell you what exactly you’ll have to do this year. It’s very tough, but Mystery Manor Fall Tournament is one of the greatest joys (and pains) in every adventurer’s (and masochists) life.

P.S. I took part only twice and I’ve been kicking myself ever since for not discovering this GREAT pastime earlier.
P.P.S. They have HUGE prizes there too (and you don’t even have to be the best to win something), but I’d take part in FT even if they didn’t. I’d probably pay to take part, but don’t tell The Gamemaster & Het Steab about that - it’s a secret .

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 20 September 2012 02:26 AM
Lady Kestrel - 19 September 2012 10:22 PM

Zobraks,
If you drink too much of that very potent beverage you have listed in your signature, the activity you are anticipating is not likely to come to fruition.  Wink

That’sh not quite sho… Hic! I’m besht in guesshing thinhsshg… thisngh… thingsh when I’m pisshed.
You jusht keep that sherver up.

Cheersh!

Hic!

Aha! So Lady Kestrel was talking about the tournament… silly me, I thought she meant that other activity.  Innocent

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 20 September 2012 07:36 AM
zobraks - 20 September 2012 02:26 AM
Lady Kestrel - 19 September 2012 10:22 PM

Zobraks,
If you drink too much of that very potent beverage you have listed in your signature, the activity you are anticipating is not likely to come to fruition.  Wink

That’sh not quite sho… Hic! I’m besht in guesshing thinhsshg… thisngh… thingsh when I’m pisshed.
You jusht keep that sherver up.

Cheersh!

Hic!

Aha! So Lady Kestrel was talking about the tournament… silly me, I thought she meant that other activity.  Innocent

Oops… I forgot what I put under “looking forward to”. Now I changed it to suit my reply to Lady K.

A little bit of alcohol is good for that other (previous) activity too, as far as I am concerned.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 20 September 2012 07:49 AM

Oops… I forgot what I put under “looking forward to”. Now I changed it to suit my reply to Lady K.

A little bit of alcohol is good for that other (previous) activity too, as far as I am concerned.

Oh yes, yes… every woman I know is delighted when a man whishhspers shweeet little nothshings in her ear like Hic! I’m besht in thinhsshg… thisngh… thingsh when I’m pisshed.

Okay, I think it’s high time I started running…  Gasp

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 20 September 2012 10:27 AM
zobraks - 20 September 2012 07:49 AM

Oh yes, yes… every woman I know is delighted when a man whishhspers shweeet little nothshings in her ear like Hic! I’m besht in thinhsshg… thisngh… thingsh when I’m pisshed.

Now I’m really gonna drink something.

Fien - 20 September 2012 10:27 AM

Okay, I think it’s high time I started running…  Gasp

Come back here, I’m not pissed.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, I see by your signature that you now have your priorities straight, Z, at least for the next 5 weeks:  Eat junk food, drink wood finish remover, be tortured by Quizmaster.  Thumbs Up 

Don’t worry about him, Fien.  In a couple of days he’ll be too busy to chase anything except puzzle solutions. Naughty

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top