• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445Undefinedwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Where can I get Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis AND Flight of the Amazon Queen (DRM free)?

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Hi Adventure Gamers,

I have recently started craving to play these 2 games again. Do you know where I can find them? Hopefully DRM free and to work on newer versions of Windows. I know that Indiana Jones is on Steam, but i prefer not to download from that site.

Many thanks in advance

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Hi, Niclas Smile First, I recommend to use ScummVm for those two. It will help them run on ... well almost whatever platform you can think of… ScummVm can be found here:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

If you scroll down, you can find link to download Flight Of The Amazon Queen, since it’s freeware nowadays. I don’t know if its DRM-free or not. But I would think it is..? Indiana isn’t freeware (well shuold be obvious, as it is Lucas Arts game…) I can’t think of any other place to by it than steam, though.. maby someone else will help you with that.

Nice to see someone craving my favourite game, by the way! Wink

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Hi MoonBird,

Many thanks for your reply and helpful information. Much appreciated. Yes, I am really keen to play those games again,it’s been way to long since the last time. Smile They are really AWESOME!

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Like said above, Flight of the Amazon Queen is freeware.

Fate of Atlantis, however, is not. If you want it DRM-free, vote for it at GOG’s wishlist:

http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/games/indiana_jones_and_the_fate_of_atlantis_1

Not sure if you are familiar with GOG.com, but they only sell DRM-free games. They have tons of old adventures. Unfortunately, they haven’t been able to get any LucasArts games, but voting for those on the wishlist might help! Here the most requested games (notice many of them are LucasArts adventures).

http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/games#order=votes_total

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

if you have linux flight of the amazon queen and beneath a steel sky are in the repositories under Games for free.for windows the guys have covered it Grin

@inmate…i think i’d like all AGs in there.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Assuming the Steam version is not DRM-free, it seems like LucasArts does not want to release it’s games DRM-free and this explains why GOG hasn’t been able to secure any LucasArts games.

NOt sure if this is going to change any time soon, no matter how many GOG votes the games get…

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

all steam games are considered not DRM-free.having to install steam to be able to play is considered DRM even if you can do everything offline with no activation whatsoever which is improbable.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top