• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkCarles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-02-03

PM

Hey there folks, the name is Floyd and i am a newbie out here at this community. I am hoping for a great stay here.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey Floyd, Welcome to the forums!

I’m sure you’ll get stuck in in no time - people here are pretty cool!

How did you get into Adventure games?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome to the forums Floyd! I hope you’ll like it here.

Joined 2014-02-03

PM

Intense Degree - 05 February 2014 05:09 AM

Hey Floyd, Welcome to the forums!

I’m sure you’ll get stuck in in no time - people here are pretty cool!

How did you get into Adventure games?

Hi there, thanks for the welcome..to answer your question id’ say..well my brother was a great admirer of these so watching him engaged i grew fond of these games as well.

Joined 2014-02-03

PM

tsa - 05 February 2014 12:54 PM

Welcome to the forums Floyd! I hope you’ll like it here.

Hey there, thanks for the welcome..really appreciate that.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-12-15

PM

Ok so the topic name sounds a little pretentious but I’m used to forums where newcomers present themselves so I like to keep that tradition.

*** [edit by TimovieMan]
The topic name has since been changed to serve as a general introduction thread for all newcomers.
[/edit by TimovieMan] ***

Not much to say really, except that I’m somewhat of an old-time adventure gamer. I discovered computers and video games sometime near the end of the 80’s (sounds really old to say that) and for years I never even considered non-adventure games to be worthy of playing. I played mostly Sierra games. If I am a programmer today, it’s because the first day I played an adventure game (two in fact : Space Quest 3 and Police Quest 2), I wanted to create one myself.

Nowadays I have a more broader interest in games. I haven’t played much in the way of adventure games for the past decade, for various reasons, but I feel an urge to go back to them. I am still trying to create a video game, like I have been doing all my life, but this is the first time I feel I’m actually going somewhere. My problem has always been that I’m no graphic artist and I never really met one…

Aside from classic adventure games, I am also a big fan of Shenmue, which I believe is just the tip of the iceberg of an unexplored genre. As for the rest I’ll save it for future discussions Wink

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome!

Diabecko - 15 December 2014 06:38 PM

I discovered computers and video games sometime near the end of the 80’s (sounds really old to say that)

In here, that’s just ‘average’, not ‘old’. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-12-15

PM

TimovieMan - 15 December 2014 06:51 PM

Welcome!

I discovered computers and video games sometime near the end of the 80’s (sounds really old to say that)

In here, that’s just ‘average’, not ‘old’. Wink

Yeah, after reading a few posts here and there I realise that I’m in the average Smile. Hope I didn’t offend anyone. It’s just that I’m used to reading comments from people half my age on game forums.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-12-29

PM

Hello, everybody! I am Sharon, very nice to know you! I am New to the forum, I like singing, dancing and playing games. Hope we can make friends and talk anything here! Finally, wish you enjoy the day! Thanks a lot!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Welcome to the forums sharonyu! I’m tsa and I like playing adventure games Smile. Have fun here! Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

HI Sharonyu.

Dont sing, can’t dance, but I can play games

Welcome to the site.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

HI Sharonyu and welcome to Adventuregamers. Hope you like it here and you stay Smile

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Hi and welcome Sharonyu!

*waits for Jazz to give here welcoming speech* Wink

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome, and happy New Year!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

... and for years I never even considered non-adventure games to be worthy of playing.

I am still of that opinion! And by the way, you’re not that old Smile

Welcome to the forums, Diabecko!

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

sharonyu - 29 December 2014 10:23 PM

Hello, everybody! I am Sharon, very nice to know you! I am New to the forum, I like singing, dancing and playing games. Hope we can make friends and talk anything here! Finally, wish you enjoy the day! Thanks a lot!

Hello Sharonyu…...... my name is bulldog, don’t let the name fool you, I’m harmeless most times, Tsa and Jelena will vouche for me Crazy  But I like games, I don’t dance or sing, I’m married with two great kids Heart Eyes

Welcome Laughing

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top