• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Character Columbo

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Hello,

Is there a Point and Click Adventure Game out there that features the character Lt. Columbo?

I was also wondering - is there one with Tintin?

Thanks,
Neuro

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Infogrames had a bunch of Tintin games in the early 90s, but all action-based I’m afraid.

It’s a shame because I would imagine a Tintin adventure game drawn in the style of the original comics would have been something special.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

There’s no official adventure game with Columbo. Lego City Undercover has a cameo of a Columbo figure by the way and I wiiiiish that minifig and set existed!

There is a Saturn/PlayStation game based on the Kindaichi Case Files manga/anime, which is highly inspired by Columbo. In the game, you play as the murderer, trying to commit the perfect murder. So it’s an inverted murder mystery like Columbo, and you make choices about how you go about the murder and how you erase evidence tc. The series protagonist Hajime acts as your main obstacle, and every time he cuts a scene short with his version of “Oh, and more thing” you know the game is up and that you made some mistake earlier that’s now tripping you up. It would make for a brilliant base for an actual Columbo game…

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

That’s a great inversion of the Columbo story structure…I am sure my wife will love it.

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Donuts McGee - 16 March 2021 10:58 PM

Infogrames had a bunch of Tintin games in the early 90s, but all action-based I’m afraid.

It’s a shame because I would imagine a Tintin adventure game drawn in the style of the original comics would have been something special.

Blistering Barnacles! I am surprised no company has made an Adventure game on “The Adventures of Tintin” (it’s right in the name!)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Neuromancer.utopian - 18 March 2021 05:07 AM

Blistering Barnacles! I am surprised no company has made an Adventure game on “The Adventures of Tintin” (it’s right in the name!)

Rights issues, maybe?

They would definitely be fitting for the genre…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

pearsonh23 - 19 March 2021 07:37 AM
Donuts McGee - 16 March 2021 10:58 PM

I would have played this one. I liked the comics very much and the quest could be very interesting.

I concur, the comic books are classics!

Btw, does anyone know any more police procedural Point and Click games? Apart from Police Quest of course.

I mean police procedural, where you play a cop like Columbo, not a private dick like Holmes or Poirot.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Neuromancer.utopian - 21 March 2021 02:43 AM

Btw, does anyone know any more police procedural Point and Click games? Apart from Police Quest of course.

I mean police procedural, where you play a cop like Columbo, not a private dick like Holmes or Poirot.

There’s one that comes to mind right away, because I posted it in the screenshot guessing thread recently.

Santa Fe Mysteries. There are 2 games in the series, The Elk Moon Murder and Sacred Ground.

Enjoyable games, if you can find them.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Neuromancer.utopian - 21 March 2021 02:43 AM

I recommend the freeware “Broken Windows” series. British Police Quest, set in current times.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Infocom made some police procedural text adventures, and the free text adventure “Make It Good” plays with the format in ways I can’t really disclose without spoilers. You interrogate suspects, send evidence in for analysis, set traps for suspects…

A Columbo game would be potentially brilliant. The creator of Ace Attorney is a massive fan of the show, and the influence shows, but I’ve yet to see anyone really nail the Columbo feel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top