• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nancy Drew adventure related game recommandations

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Spirit Hunter Series - (macabre paranormal mystery series, kind of like a dark & messed up version of Blackwell because you rescue spirits, avoid if you dislike disturbing content)

I have both of them. VERY adult material. Rated M for erotic and grizzly images.

Lamplight City (haven’t actually played this one but it looks good, worth checking out)

I’ve played it. A quite good Steampunk detective game. It’s pretty easy and has lots of interesting characters to interact with.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

PlanetX - 15 April 2021 08:25 AM

Hotel Dusk & The Last Window - (hard boiled detective games, required NDS to play)

Jenny LeClue Detectivu - (incredibly charming Nancy Drew-ish cast of characters & mystery, puzzle challenge is mild but a great game)

Ace Attorney Series - (classic mystery adventure series, court battle puzzle mechanics, must play)

Ace Investigations Series - (spinoff of ace attorney, more detective mechanics, requires NDS)

Touch Detective Series - (cute and fun mystery adventures, not mind blowing but very charming, on NDS and mobile devices)

Blacksad Under The Skin - (anthropomorphic detective mystery, light puzzles via combining clues to make deductions, was buggy at launch so be warned)

Another Code Series - (emotional mystery stories w/ science fiction elements, personal favorites of mine by same dev as Hotel Dusk, requires NDS & Wii to play)

AI: The Somnium Files - (Mind bending detective mystery, inventive puzzle mechanic where you enter suspects dreams, fantastic game)

Titanic Adventure Out of Time - (spy/detective mystery where the main character travels back in time to undo his failed mission, really cool game, solid puzzle challenge)

Ghost Trick Phantom Detective - (masterpiece game from Shu Takumi, creator of the Ace Attorney series, available on NDS and mobile devices)

Professor Layton Series (I actually haven’t played these since it’s mostly independent logic puzzles & riddles rather than narrative driven problem solving. Still many people enjoy this series so it’s worth checking out)

Detective Grimoire & Tangle Tower - (very well crafted & entertaining detective mysteries, challenge is light to moderate but the puzzles are extremely fun and the games ooze personality)

Spirit Hunter Series - (macabre paranormal mystery series, kind of like a dark & messed up version of Blackwell because you rescue spirits, avoid if you dislike disturbing content)

Are these point and click though? I haven’t played all of them, but that’s what Rookie was looking for.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Luhr28 - 15 April 2021 08:50 PM

Are these point and click though? I haven’t played all of them, but that’s what Rookie was looking for.

Everything except Blacksad, Colonel’s Bequest and Jenny LeClue are, yeah. Titanic is kind of in-between. If the primary concern with Gone Home was lack of characters and gameplay depth, though, I’ll assume there’s some leeway on the controls.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Another one is the Darkside Detective series, the 2nd game came out just yesterday and it looks good so long as you don’t mind the very retro style.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

PlanetX, thanks for taking the time to write this list ... appreciate it. I’ll check out some of these titles.

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Adv_Lvr - 15 March 2021 10:30 PM

If you liked Nancy Drew, then you should really give Miss Clue a try. There are 5 games in the series so far and they even share the Nancy Drew voice actress:

http://www.missclue.com

Heart

Thanks, Adv_Lvr, I’ll check it out. Anyone know where I can find ‘Broken Windows’?

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

I read your stuff and googled ‘Lost Files Of Sherlock Holmes’ - it took me to a website called AbandonWareDOS. Is that site safe? I don’t want to get a virus.

Luhr28 - 12 April 2021 07:35 AM
Phlebas - 12 April 2021 05:43 AM

I don’t think Rose Tattoo and Serrated Scalpel are currently available as downloads (or at least not legally).

“Is it piracy? Yeah, sure. But so what? Most of the game makers aren’t living off the revenue from those old games anymore. Most of the creative teams behind all those games have long since left the companies that published them, so there’s no way the people who deserve to are still making royalties off them. So go ahead—steal this game! Spread the love!”
  — Tim Schafer

(not advocating anything of course, just posting a quote.)

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Thanks so much, just a heads up though - the website is apparently ‘not secure’.

Phlebas - 15 April 2021 05:55 AM

It’s just occurred to me that nobody has mentioned Carol Reed yet. A whole series of games about a twentysomething English girl who moves to Sweden and becomes a detective - if you’re a Nancy Drew fan these are almost certainly the kind of thing you’re looking for!
http://www.mdna-games.com/

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Just started playing Nancy Drew : The Creature of Kapu Cave. Love it! Steam doesn’t give me achievement points for this game though—so that’s disappointing.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Abhi D. - 09 March 2022 01:56 AM

Just started playing Nancy Drew : The Creature of Kapu Cave. Love it! Steam doesn’t give me achievement points for this game though—so that’s disappointing.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game. You’ll have to tell us how much you like it when you finish it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-03-12

PM

Games that are available on Steam, Big Fish or GOG:
The Search
Haunting at Cliffhouse
Cleopatra: Riddle of the Tomb / A Queen’s Destiny
Return to Mysterious Island 1 & 2
Palladium: Adventure in Greece
Call Of The Sea
Egypt 2 & 3

Abandonware:
Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion
The Diamond Mystery of Rosemond Valley
Hauntings of Mystery Manor
Intrigue at Oakhaven Plantation
Egypt 1156 B.C.

I’ll edit this if anything else comes to my mind. All the games I suggested are First Person Adventure games except Rosemond Valley.

currently playing: Anne McCaffrey’s Freedom: First Resistance & Hellforces
recently finished: Insecticide, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, Mental Hospital: Eastern Bloc, You Are EMPTY & Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler’s Green

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Xperience,
Hauntings at Mystery Manor and Intrigue at Oak Haven Plantation are available at Mystery Manor.net, which is owned by the creator of the games.  Please check here for our rules & guidelines regarding abandonware:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/9/

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Adv_Lvr - 09 March 2022 06:55 AM
Abhi D. - 09 March 2022 01:56 AM

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game. You’ll have to tell us how much you like it when you finish it.

Heart

Just finished Nancy Drew : Creature Of Kapu Cave—fun!

What’re your top 5 Nancy Drew games from HeR Interactive?

I also wonder if Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys audiobooks are available on Audible.com.

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Xperience - 12 March 2022 09:53 PM

Games that are available on Steam, Big Fish or GOG:
The Search
Haunting at Cliffhouse
Cleopatra: Riddle of the Tomb / A Queen’s Destiny
Return to Mysterious Island 1 & 2
Palladium: Adventure in Greece
Call Of The Sea
Egypt 2 & 3

Abandonware:
Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion
The Diamond Mystery of Rosemond Valley
Hauntings of Mystery Manor
Intrigue at Oakhaven Plantation
Egypt 1156 B.C.

I’ll edit this if anything else comes to my mind. All the games I suggested are First Person Adventure games except Rosemond Valley.

Are ‘Santa Fe Mysteries’ and ‘Hopkins FBI’ available on abandonware and safe to download?

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Abhi D. - 14 March 2022 08:30 PM

What’re your top 5 Nancy Drew games from HeR Interactive?

That is a difficult one!
For me, I think:
- Shadow at water’s edge (in Japan, for the athmosphere and the puzzles)
- Sea of darkness (in Iceland)
- The silent Spy (you get to know some of the history of Nancy Drew: her mother)
- Ghost of Thornton Hall (in Louisiana, really ‘ghostly’ and athmospheric)
- Danger by design (Paris) or Ghost dogs of Moon lake, I can’t decide :-)

Oh, and Last train to blue moon canyon should be there as well!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top