• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

DCast - 16 June 2021 04:33 AM
walas74 - 16 June 2021 01:20 AM
Tenebra - 15 June 2021 07:25 PM
walas74 - 15 June 2021 12:53 PM

At the Theme Park, haven’t we seen that beggar before? What is his importance in the story? Poor Tiffany, that wasn’t fair!

Yes, can you remember where you saw him before? His importance is about to be revealed.

When visiting Agatha the first time?

Let’s play to the end!

Wasn’t he there at the very beginning, by the diner?

Yeah, is he a beggar or an stalker? Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, I’m done with the game. There are those who swear this is their favorite game.

I finished the game, at a hanger and had to do some fighting with clans and this part I found rather difficult. Then after the fight things got really strange - dealing with artifacts and creatures…..I won’t spoil it any more than I have but you should enjoy it.

Thanks to Tenebra for running this, the game does have a following and now that I’ve played it yet again I can certainly see why…

I’m off to play Yesterday Origins now so I’m completely done with this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Time for some graveyard recap and exposition.

A smart move, actually. Good chance not all the plot points that were thrown in your general direction have been wedged into your mind.

The QTE seems particularly unforgiving here. I tried three times, now I wonder if it’s worth the hassle. Can anyone tell me if it is?

This scene is pretty weird to me. It might seem mundane after some of the tripped out stuff we’ve been through as Lucas, but.. we’re doing all of this in front of the grave of a person who’s just been buried.

“So, this is happening.”

Not mocking or frowning at all, I’d call it cinematic.

I wouldn’t compare it to “hilariously” bad movies. It’s structurally sound, it more or less knows how to tie everything together. The car chase went down differently than expected. It was actually a vehicular assassination WITH ELEMENTS of a car chase, because Lucas is now hip to the Matrix.. and explosions. David Cage, you crazy so and so, you did it.

That was one of my favourite scenes in the game, especially in combination with the scene before, the professor dropping science.

I’m glad I missed the awkward scene with the ex, as described by TimovieMan! Seriously?-indeed! Come on, Cage, you’re better than that.

I’ll try to reach the ending either before work today or after work on sunday. It’s been a ride, folks. Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts on the whole experience, stuff you fondly remember, amused bewilderment, the moment your brain decided to just go with it, if it ever did at all.

It’s been a ride.

Total Posts: 178

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Here my thoughts after finishing the game. Heavy spoilers below so read only if you have completed the game.

Romance between Carla and Lucas. Really???, how and why? I wasnt ready for this and i think its there because of the ending and the fact that there will be a new indigo child. Other than that doesnt make any sense. Lucas is dead or not? He is supposed to be ressurected and when carla is kissing him he has cold lips. Also he seems dead in game.

So beggar is a part of an invisible men clan. that doesnt really explain the previous encounters with him and why he didnt say anything earlier.

Oracle clan somehow is connected with mayan rituals and at the same time is a secret government clan that wants to destroy humanity and do what? The ending where oracle clan gets the child says that nothing happens and lucas and carla continue with their lives waiting for something bad to happen. ok ...

Then we get to know there is one more clan, purple this time which is an AI intelligence that, guess what, also wants to destroy humanity. Somehow even when they prevail humanity survives and lucas becomes a hero. Ok .... At this point i was ready for alliens that were about to destroy humanity, or maybe a crazy nuke person that wants to destroy humanity.

Finally in all three endings lucas and Carla survive and Carla is pregnant to the next indigo child. I thought Lucas was dead? Anyway i guess they were preparing the story so it is possible to make a sequel or something.

Story in this last part cant be taken seriously. It is just a mess. In my opinion it feels like David Cage made the half game and then somehow had to finish it fast and he made up the story without connecting it with the previous parts.

What i liked most about the game is music and soundtrack of course and the cinematic feeling. Also i liked the structure of the chapters. They felt like mini stories that they were brief and they kept moving the story forward without you get bored. Also, i have to admit that this game is amusing despite the crazy story. All those 10 hours plus of my game time i never felt bored. In the contrary i usually wanted to play more after finishing the weekly sections.

I didnt like qte even when i got used to them i thought they werent needed. I didnt like the fact that i had no time to choose the options at dialog. I didnt like the controls and camera views, which i didnt really get used to them even at the end of the game. Also i didnt like the fact that there are not any puzzles in this game and most of the times you go through the game just interacting everywhere.

My verdict is that the game is interesting but with all the gameplay problems and constant qte i would rate it as uneven because if you wanna experience the story and the cinematic feeling you have to go through too many negatives that worsens the experience and i think many people will just stop playing the game because of that.

Finally i have to say that Tenebra did a great job presenting the story and breaking up the chapters. Sometimes it felt like watching a tv series and you stop at a cliffhanger and you have to see next episode. Very wisely chosen sections that made you wanna come back next week and see what happens next. Thanks for leading this.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My verdict is that the game is interesting but with all the gameplay problems and constant qte i would rate it as uneven because if you wanna experience the story and the cinematic feeling you have to go through too many negatives that worsens the experience and i think many people will just stop playing the game because of that.

Finally i have to say that Tenebra did a great job presenting the story and breaking up the chapters. Sometimes it felt like watching a tv series and you stop at a cliffhanger and you have to see next episode. Very wisely chosen sections that made you wanna come back next week and see what happens next. Thanks for leading this.

I so completely agree with this, my words exactly. I’d rate the game 2.5 on a scale of 1- 5. As I have stated many times, their games after this were much improved. Detroit Became Human is one of my favorites of all time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sometime ago I learned an expression in English referring the moment a TV series is no longer believable or likeable: “jump the shark”.

This game was about to jump the shark many times, and for me finally did it when dead Agatha turned to be an artificial inteligence.

I agree with almost everything Nico2021 said. Carla and Lucas romance comes from nowhere, and she believes in his innocence just like that?

It’s a shame that Tyler wasn’t relevant in the end. I liked the guy.

I prefer the bad ending when everything “seems” normal bou you know it’s not.

They mixed too many things and didn’t work, but as I said before, I consider this game a guilty pleasure, and I’ll remember it that way. I enjoyed the journey and in the end I mastered QTE’s (although I think it was abussive and tiresome in the final fights).

Finally, I would like to thank Tenebra for your wise guidance through this CPT.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I said in a prior post that I was waiting for the end when I would discover who were the protagonists and who were the antagonists. And it seems the end is here, and I still don’t know. There have been other comments regarding the difficulty of the mechanics required to play the game.

I really wanted to play the game. Couldn’t even get past the tutorial.

Now, that the game has come to its playthrough conclusion, and people are posting their final thoughts, I wonder if it wasn’t a good thing I had problems. Assuming game-play mechanic problems went away, and I was able to seamlessly play the game, I’m not sure I would have found it as enjoyable as I thought it would be.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

An interpretation of the possible endings that can be achieved. It is not mine. I took it from wiki.

Lucas and The Invisibles win

Lucas, upon defeating the A.I and the Oracle, and hearing the message from the dying Jade, makes the cold go away in silence, just as it had come, effectively returning everything just as it was before. The Oracle and the Orange Clan, now no match for him, went back to their places of power in the secret government of the world, and the Purple Clan went back to haunting humanity on the Internet. Meanwhile, contrary to what he feels he should believe, Lucas doesn’t feel happy, as he’s been living with Carla for three months, and has been the best thing that’s happened to him in a long time.

Carla told him that she’s pregnant (as a result of their night in the Underground Secret Base). This means their child was radiated by the Chroma at Wishita (just like Lucas). Personally, Lucas doesn’t know what’s going to happen now; he is the one and only keeper of the greatest secret in the universe, and he wonders what to do with all that power. Lucas, having never dream about being a god, just wants to live his life, like anybody else, with his wife and child. However, Lucas is afraid that destiny might have another path in mind for him.

The Orange Clan wins

The Oracle, upon defeating Lucas, Carla and the A.I, and hearing the message from the dying Jade, suddenly lets Lucas and Carla go, with Lucas believing that the Oracle’s victory was enough and he didn’t feel the need to front Lucas needlessly. After a few days, the temperature on the planet went back to normal. Lucas and Carla went back to New York to await the big changes that were coming.

Instead, nothing happened. Three months after Jade’s death, nothing much had changed for humanity at all (or at least it seemed that way). Lucas, however, knows that one day, the Orange Clan’s plan will reveal itself. Meanwhile, Lucas and Carla remain together, ever since their time at Wishita Military Base. Carla told him that she’s pregnant (as a result of their night in the Underground Secret Base). This means their child was radiated by the Chroma at Wishita (just like Lucas). Personally, Lucas isn’t sure what’s going to happen now. He and Carla are trying to lead normal lives, as though nothing had ever happened. Lucas still sees through the eyes of the Oracle from time to time. Lucas knows that they went through is just the beginning.

The Purple Clan wins

The A.I, upon defeating Lucas, Carla and the Oracle, and hearing the message from the dying Jade, allows his group to become new masters of Earth. The temperature continues to drop and it doesn’t seem like it’s ever going to stop. Three-quarters of humanity have already perished as a result, and the rest are chased night and day by the machines, forcing them to live underground like rats. Possessing Jade’s secret, nothing has the power to stop the Purple Clan. Meanwhile, Lucas and Carla have taken refuge with Bogart and The Invisibles, with Carla being the best thing that’s happened to him in a long time. Carla told him that she’s pregnant (as a result of their night in the Underground Secret Base). This means their child was radiated by the Chroma at Wishita (just like Lucas).

The Chroma has made Lucas a sort of hero among the surviving humans, and they try to fight the Purple Clan as much as they can, although their chances of victory are, obviously, pretty small. Personally, Lucas hears voices in his dreams, telling him that his child with Carla is, in fact, the second Indigo Child, and the savior of humanity. Lucas, however, tries not to listen, as for the time being, all he cares about is protecting his wife and child.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

My final thoughts on the game.

Do tastes change over time? Do they evolve? Do we become more exquisite?

I was surprised that this game was chosen, as I felt that most users on this site were accustomed to the classic adventure style, inventory, puzzle, maybe combine some items, figure out where to use them and so on to the end, but with little or no action or tension; perhaps a premature and misguided assumption on my part. I honestly thought it didn’t “qualify”, but I’m glad it was chosen, thanks Dcast for suggesting it.

I discovered this game almost by chance, one of those random acquisitions years ago, and when I started playing it I was hooked, as I said in the introduction, it was a very pleasant surprise. I always look for a game (I extend this to cinema too if I may) that can touch me, move me, disturb me, shake me, and leave me thinking about what I just experienced, in short that it provokes something in me, unfortunately this is not something that happens often and even less nowadays. I find almost everything nowadays tasteless, that I only do it for entertainment or to take my mind off the real world.

Revisiting it this time, I discovered things that I had overlooked before, or maybe they were not so relevant back then, and nowadays their importance in my personal enjoyment of a game has grown. I’m talking about the countless clichés I encountered, the chessiness of some situations, something I really dislike. It’s as if David Cage thought this was his only or last chance to make a game and then decided to put together and combine all his accumulated personal tastes, scenes he saw and liked from a Howllywood movie: he included it, etc. Or as if he followed a recipe to the letter, ingredient after ingredient, a recipe made for freshly graduated screenwriters who want to get a job soon.
But he learned… He’s been evolving, a sample of that can be seen in his later games, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, (I haven’t played Detroit yet).

As well as the interminable QTes. Is it necessary to press keys like crazy when we are in an autopsy? When what I’m trying to do is to pay attention to the dialogues, but instead I have to pay attention to the keys that appear on the screen? An overused resource. I don’t mind the action scenes at all, for example in an action scene but I would have liked a bit more moments of investigation, of interaction, of looking for evidence, witnesses, draw conclusions, etc. I think when we put together the sketch of Lucas’ face it was one of the few moments where I felt like I was investigating something.

I think it’s a game that tries to embrace a lot, drama, action, suspense, etc. and in the process it doesn’t quite get to grips or cover everything it’s trying to and ends up falling a bit short in many passages. But I admire David Cage. Today we are all more familiar with this David Cage style of games, but at the time there was nothing like it, or at least I didn’t know of anything remotely similar.

In David Cage’s own words…

All this led me to wonder what would have happened if I had played the game today for the first time? Would I have loved it as much as I did back then? And to answer my own question… I really don’t know. And to try to answer it would be speculating, I would be guessing, and deep down that doesn’t make sense… it doesn’t make sense to me.

I liked the game a lot despite what I said, there is something about it that still seems special to me. From its opening, that possibility of leaving us almost adrift in the beginning to allow us to choose what to do.

“What do I do? Can I clean this up? Can I just walk away? Damn it, there’s a cop outside!.”

Ok, later the game becomes narrower in that aspect and more linear, but that beginning is simply masterful.

I think the graphics are more than ok, an enviable technical quality for the time on second thoughts, the music <3 is still exceptional, the premise of the story: what happened? what’s going on? Who controls us? Why this murder? What would I do if I were in that situation? I would have to escape first, right? hide what traces I could, I would be desperate,  emotionally destroyed, wondering what to do and how, and who can help me, how to get more information about what is happening to me. Nobody would believe me at first but I would keep trying until I find an answer to this conundrum or die trying. And the game managed to put me in that position.

The pace of the game still grips me even though I knew what was going to happen, the interaction with the environment, the possibility of controlling several characters that are truly opposites, and the characters themselves, especially Lucas and Carla, but there is something else… something that is difficult for me to put into words,  that feeling of romanticism?, of hopelessness that embraces the story…  The “There is no turning back, my life will never be the same again after all, this has ruined everything. It could be a new beginning but nothing will ever be the same again”. Therein lies something special that continues to attract me to the game. I am sorry if this does not make sense.

And the sex scene between Carla and Lucas at the end I found super sweet and again, something I’ve never seen before in a game, including a real, emotional and physical aspect between the characters only increased my affection for them.

Finally I am left with these words of David Cage:

I’m sure you did it with me, David.

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I’m going to ask one of the moderators if we can keep this thread pinned at least until Wednesday and then at their discretion they can unpin it when they feel it’s convenient.

Finally I want to thank everyone who participated in this playthrough, commenting, telling us where they were going, their criticisms, what they liked or didn’t like about the game, etc. This exchange of telling each other how our progress is going, this way of playing a game as if we were all doing it at the same time, is great.  And thanks for the support I got from most of you.  I tried to keep it fluid, engaging, although sometimes I didn’t know if it was going too fast or too slow, anyway.  I hope you had fun and enjoyed it to a greater or lesser extent, that’s what it’s all about after all.

Grettings T ~

~

Total Posts: 178

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I completely agree with what tenebra said and as an afterthought i have to add that in my opinion fahrenheit is a game that just hasnt aged well.

Playing this at 2005 it would be something new that invented a new genre. The whole interaction with the environment, the mature theme, nude scenes and the cinematic way that is presented were creative at least. Also this is the game that led to heavy rain (havent played the rest but i m sure they are as good) so it does have some historical value.

In that sense at 2005 it would be very easy to forgive the annoying gameplay aspects as the constant quick time events. After all imagine if those aspects were missing. You are left with an inventive strong story, presented in a cinematic fashion and a great soundtrack that just fails to deliver in the end.

While i was playing it, i was curious why everyone rates this game that high (it has a community rating of classic) but even if i dont agree and mainly because of the story that is disjointed and doesnt have credibility in the end, i have to admit that this game has its ways to entertain you and it did invent a new way to interact in adventure games. Also is an adventure game that evolves fast and you never get bored. That is if you dont get annoyed by qte that many people probably will in 2021.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Just had my second-to-last day at my current employer. I’m in an emotional twilight zone so it feels like the perfect time to finish “Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy”.

I’ve read the previous comments quickly. I didn’t want to spoil the ending for myself, but I was too curious. I can disregard most thrills and temptations like my father can disregard his children, but the allure of a long post on a game as wild as Fahrenheit, I cannot resist.

Now I wish I had been more patient, I’m not sure if this is a choices-matter or a straight railroad (just riding the Cage Train wherever it will go)..

Let’s see what we’ve gotten ourselves into.

edit: I finished the last scene with Tyler. That was brief. Glad this happened. I’m with walas, I liked the dude. In a way, this is a fitting end. You don’t have to ride the train to the final station. Florida is alright.

Immediately followed by a nightmare with QTE and.. ok. Ok. I think I’m just going to go with ok, I get every other reponse to this situation. I’ll just say: Carla, do you, if you want to ride the L-train to bone town, that’s cool. Not sure where this is going.

Let me park that for a while and see what the clans are doing.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I finished both chapters (was a bit behind the schedule, so I just played one after another) and I have to agree with all the comments concerning the story that becomes so messed up by the end that you can’t take it seriously anymore. In fact I stopped caring about Lucas after the first nod to The Matrix, so it was more or less just a crazy carnival ride from that point for me.

I actually started to enjoy playing as Carla more up until the point when she suddenly felt in love with the dead Lucas and started having sex with him in a dirty underground tube wagon surrounded by strangers some hours before the end of the world had to be conducted by multicolored sects. That was too much even for David Cage)) And I don’t even want to talk about the ending(s), everything has been said before me. In fact I didn’t realise there were several endings - I simply did my QTE part, watched the clip and left off not planning to return to the game anytime soon.

Tyler didn’t grow on me for some reason, he felt like an unnecessary character most of the time, standing there in the corner or sitting in his flat, waiting when Carla finishes her business. I suggested him to leave to Florida without a second thought, although I didn’t actually expected him to - it was all too soon for one of the protagonists. But I wonder, did anyone watch the bonus clips with him and the mysterious Chinese man? Cracked me up Grin

I also had a good laugh during the asylum chapter which tried to be scary so much that it ended up being cheesy and cliched, especially during the lights off part with cloned maniacs walking around like zombies. The oracle character also looked very over-the-top and out of place, like they wanted to come up with the most uneven villain on purpose. What did the Mayas even do to modern humanity so that they are treated like some e-e-evil civilization in media?

Weird part at the ex-wife’s home where Lucas breaks the window and gets away with it; I also felt kinda sorry for the woman since after all those encounters with her and all attempts to fix the relationship David Cage simply killed her following a clumsy wire walking scene. Prof. Kuriakin was a nice character for a change… well, he seemed like one as long as he lasted. What I really enjoyed is the way Lucas’ brother reintroduced during the childhood scenes and how they cared about each other all the time, coming to rescue at the last moment, probably the most fulfilled storyline in the game, maybe even the only believable one.

The game as a whole was not all that bad, there were some exciting parts (those with early Lucas’ visions in particular), some meaningful and emotional parts. It’s just that they were overshadowed by silly scenes and QTE which was overdone and untasteful, and I won’t lie that I got used to it - by the end it felt just as bad as before, I was staring at those blinking buttons all the time, missing many “cinematic” action scenes and then rewatching them at Youtube. It’s still a bad game mechanics and it has zero relation to the genre, and so do all the mouse-driven and other timed and stealth events.

Those attempts at puzzle solving were too rare and insultingly easy - like the one with the radio near the end where Cage tried to remind us we are still playing an adventure game for the last time before delving into another non-stop QTE session. I know he can do better as I played Heavy Rain, and while it was also a poor adventure, it did many things right regarding story and gameplay. But I also played Omikron: The Nomad Soul which, despite some really frustrating fighting and shooting scenes and really messy storylines (cyberpunk meets demons, ancient cults and David Bowe), was a true epic adventure and one of my all-time favourites. This is “my” David Cage.

I still thank Tenebra and everyone else involved for this playthrough, it was fun to play together, read all those great recap sequences and share thoughts on the game, I would’ve probably never played it on my own. Now I feel like I experienced one of those games that made a lot of fuss and led gaming to a whole new direction. And, well, hail to David Cage Smile

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I was surprised that this game was chosen, as I felt that most users on this site were accustomed to the classic adventure style, inventory, puzzle, maybe combine some items, figure out where to use them and so on to the end, but with little or no action or tension; perhaps a premature and misguided assumption on my part. I honestly thought it didn’t “qualify”, but I’m glad it was chosen, thanks Dcast for suggesting it.

Good to see other type games get picked besides the norm. Variety is the spice of life after all. I do hope an FMV game of some kind gets picked as well some time in the future. Fingers crossed.

I finished both chapters (was a bit behind the schedule, so I just played one after another) and I have to agree with all the comments concerning the story that becomes so messed up by the end that you can’t take it seriously anymore. In fact I stopped caring about Lucas after the first nod to The Matrix, so it was more or less just a crazy carnival ride from that point for me. I actually started to enjoy playing as Carla more up until the point when she suddenly felt in love with the dead Lucas and started having sex with him in a dirty underground tube wagon surrounded by strangers some hours before the end of the world had to be conducted by multicolored sects. That was too much even for David Cage)) And I didn’t even want to talk about the ending(s), everything has been said before me. In fact I didn’t realise there were several endings - I simply did my QTE part, watched the clip and left off not planning to return to the game anytime soon.

I have to agree, this game has a serious WTF feeling at the end, at least for me. At least the game has multiple endings, some more interesting than others, which does give the game some replay ability.

Heart

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Doom - 19 June 2021 11:01 AM

with him and the mysterious Chinese man?

Nice! Grin

What did the Mayas even do to modern humanity so that they are treated like some e-e-evil civilization in media?

I laughed, but yes, good question. The game used convenient villains, from the Oracle to the monstrous patients. They weren’t that creepy. Different times often depict evil in blockbuster movies differently. Maybe this type of villain doesn’t scare us as much as it used to. The idea of a “savage” person who just wants your blood could’ve been the scariest thing imaginable back then.

I could quote most of what Doom said, but I’ll save you the wall of text: What Doom said.

I’m going to comment once more, after the final scene. Just a couple of thoughts, my feelings about the experience.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top