• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Currently Playing

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Jdawg445 - 01 December 2020 01:32 PM
Origami - 04 November 2020 01:48 PM

Bought a gamer laptop recently and coincidentally also just finished Mirrors Edge.

Going through my steam backlog of all the games I purchased but never could play because of specs requirements.

Currently, after so many years of waiting, playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.
Only at the beginning but highly enjoying it.

I loved enslaved, wish it got a sequel, its on the level of a beyond good and evil to me

Enslaved was a great ride but the ending felt a bit rushed. A pity as this might be my favourite vision in a videogame and wouldve loved to have seen it fully realized.

Soon after I played A plagues tale which was an incredible game. Better than I expected.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I so want to play A plagues tale. I’ve read reviews of it and it sounds like my cup of tea. Once my backlog is down I am going to pick it up.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Adv_Lvr - 14 December 2020 09:49 PM

I so want to play A plagues tale. I’ve read reviews of it and it sounds like my cup of tea. Once my backlog is down I am going to pick it up.

Heart

I decided to play it with French voices. I am not a native speaker but they sounded great.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am currently playing Erica, an FMV game. So far, it’s quite creepy and very well produced. Plays well with no issues also. When I finish the game I’ll post my opinion of how this game compares with other FMV games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 16 January 2021 09:26 AM

I am currently playing Erica, an FMV game. So far, it’s quite creepy and very well produced. Plays well with no issues also. When I finish the game I’ll post my opinion of how this game compares with other FMV games.

Heart

I played this game when it was free on the PS4 a while back, it was an interesting concept but I thought as it went on the game seemed poorly executed though, with scenes seeming like they were missing

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 16 January 2021 12:09 PM
Adv_Lvr - 16 January 2021 09:26 AM

Heart

I played this game when it was free on the PS4 a while back, it was an interesting concept but I thought as it went on the game seemed poorly executed though, with scenes seeming like they were missing

I finished a play through of the game. Not the best FMV game, but is well produced and I enjoyed the interaction parts of the game.

The game was cheap, so I am happy with the purchase. Hopefully multiple play throughs will fill in the holes in the plot.

Heart

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Im playing kena Bridge of spirits. It is a zelda type of game that actually does have some interesting light puzzling. The animation looks like a Pixar movie and the story is serviceable enough with interesting characters. I will say this though, this is not a kids game as far as gameplay goes, the combat is brutally hard. Dark Souls esque especially with boss battles you will repeatedly die even on normal.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 27 September 2021 08:22 AM

Im playing kena Bridge of spirits. It is a zelda type of game that actually does have some interesting light puzzling. The animation looks like a Pixar movie and the story is serviceable enough with interesting characters. I will say this though, this is not a kids game as far as gameplay goes, the combat is brutally hard. Dark Souls esque especially with boss battles you will repeatedly die even on normal.

You wouldn’t happen to be playing this on a PS5 would you?

Heart

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 27 September 2021 06:48 PM

You wouldn’t happen to be playing this on a PS5 would you?

Heart

Nope base ps4 I don’t think I will be getting a PS5 anytime soon because there are so many great games left to play on the PS4 and even a lot of the new games are still coming out for ps4. including the New Horizon zero Dawn game, since I’m not a graphic Hound, there is really no reason for me to rush to ps5

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I’m also playing Kena Bridge of Spirits and I really like it. I love the Pixar like animation and really like the gameplay even though I know it’s pretty typical. Some people may see it like a negative, but I just love the simplicity and size of it. It just makes it more fun to me, no need for huge open worlds and hundreds of side quests and collectibles. The only thing I don’t like much is that the thing you collect the most, those blue gems, can only be used to buy hats for the Rot friends and that’s it. I wish there more practical uses for it.

I totally agree with it being really hard. I was playing on normal and found it to be pretty challenging but I was doing ok until the last boss battle of the second spirit. I had to change to easy cause I was getting frustrated. I like some challenge but I’m not too good at these types of games nor have the patience to repeat the same fight a thousand types until I get good enough, that’s why I have never dared to try a Souls like game Tongue

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

danigar - 29 September 2021 10:03 AM

I’m also playing Kena Bridge of Spirits and I really like it. I love the Pixar like animation and really like the gameplay even though I know it’s pretty typical. Some people may see it like a negative, but I just love the simplicity and size of it. It just makes it more fun to me, no need for huge open worlds and hundreds of side quests and collectibles. The only thing I don’t like much is that the thing you collect the most, those blue gems, can only be used to buy hats for the Rot friends and that’s it. I wish there more practical uses for it.

I totally agree with it being really hard. I was playing on normal and found it to be pretty challenging but I was doing ok until the last boss battle of the second spirit. I had to change to easy cause I was getting frustrated. I like some challenge but I’m not too good at these types of games nor have the patience to repeat the same fight a thousand types until I get good enough, that’s why I have never dared to try a Souls like game Tongue

I agree with everything you just said. It’s the right size world, I like the little bit of puzzles that there are, the combat is fun and I agree with you about the money,and the hats. There should be more for you to buy

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I finished Kena and it was great but yeah I was getting frustrated with the difficulty in the last part of the game. Maybe it’s just me sucking at the game, but I really felt like the boss battles difficulty were poorly balanced. Playing on medium I couldn’t believe how punishing they were, you could barely use rot powers, could barely heal and enemies dealt a lot of damage, whereas in easy is totally the opposite. I feel like medium should be a little bit more balanced because those fights felt like I was playing on the hardest difficulty and I had to switch difficulty all the time.

But overall I had a great time, I really appreciated the small and concise size of it because I’m growing tired of big open worlds at least for the time being. And the story while fairly simple and nothing amazing, I felt it had a lot of depth in its simplicity. Just the fact that there weren’t really any evil enemies but just normal people trying to do good things and coping with trauma and stuff felt refreshing to me.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I just checked out Kena: Bridge of Spirits, it looks really good.

I recently started playing Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos with one of my brothers. He lives in an assisted living facility and I don’t get to see him often in real life, so it’s a nice way to connect.

The game is also Zelda inspired, but it jumps back a couple of generations: It’s a lot like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (with some N64-ish sound effects sprinkled in for good measure). It’s controls are more modern (slightly faster than on the SNES, a bit more freedom/range) and it has some other contemporary elements: skill-trees, unlockable content, that sort of stuff. Nothing revolutionary, or even remarkable, but it works.

But here’s the kicker: it’s real-time multiplayer. My brother’s really good so I just tag along, but it’s fun.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Playing Blue Reflection 2nd Light. Very good so far, very different than the first. Which is a very good thing.

Heart

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2017-03-11

PM

Pink Panther in hokus pokus pink from i think 1998. Does anyone remember it? =)

Solo game developer of the pencil drawn point and click adventure game

for PC:
Alexey’s Winter: Night Adventure

and a short version for Android:
Alexey’s Winter: Episode 1

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top