• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TV Sound Bars

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

For reasons I won’t bore people with I’ve not had a TV for the last 25 years but, for reasons I still won’t bore people with, I’ve just got one.
It’s a pretty decent (expensive!) one being a 4K 55” curved screen Samsung. The problem I’ve got (just playing Blu-Rays at the moment as no aerial until next week) is that there seems to be a rather heavy back projection of sound from the TV even on relatively low volume which my neighbours can hear - a situation I want to fix. The TV is on a stand BTW, not fixed to the wall.
Which comes to the subject title. I know nothing about Sound Bars apart from what they are but I do think this is probably the best way to go to try to alleviate the problem, and almost certainly getting better sound at the same time Smile

Any suggestions as to what; any info on how they work, do they cut out the TV speakers completely? I’m not going to post a budget at the moment as I’d like to consider anything and everything. Obviously anything I consider has to be available in the UK.

TIA Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 14 September 2016 02:55 PM

... do they cut out the TV speakers completely?

Yes, that is the general idea, that they completely replace the speakers of the TV.
(Though depending on the setup you might have to manually mute the TV.)

They have their own built-in amplifier and comes with their own remote control, but again depending a bit on the setup, you might be able to ditch the remote, and still use the volume controls on the TV-remote.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Blue Ray player is as any digital storage or receiver had at its back an Audio/Video output ,  usually the RCA output and maybe plus an optical connection, both do.

but i suggest (first) trying your Blue Ray player sound menu to see if the Dynamic Range control options make any difference.

that is anyway what you gonna do with the Tv Bars if you have gotten them. that and changing the digital output options between different formats.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Cheers gents, appreciated.

Good to know about the (probable) TV speakers being turned off Izno (and welcome back BTW. Hope your recuperation is going well) - I’ll check the set-up options on whatever I buy.

You make a good point about TV audio set-up and options Advie. TV has changed just a touch since I last had one (this is actually the first set I’ve ever owned. Used to rent all those years ago).
I’ll check to see what the Blu-Ray player and the TV are actually set to. May well make a difference. I think I’ll still get a sound bar anyway as there’s no way that they can’t improve on speakers that are only millimetres thick on the TV.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top