• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

tomimt - 16 November 2020 09:48 AM

For everyone who has been waiting for SpaceVenture this might be good news. The Guys dropped another beta build the last week after a couple of months of silence and the biggest improvement of the build is, that the game can be finally played through. It still is far too buggy for an official release, but at least now I can tell you, that there indeed is a whole game there that can be played from start to finish if you won’t run into some nasty bug.

It’s a pretty decent game, all in all, despite all the bugs. It isn’t very difficult either. If not for the bugs I guess I could have played it through in 5 or so hours. That said, if they get the game fixed, it should be fun enough for anyone who has been waiting for something in the vein of Space Quest.

5 hrs that is it. That is a huge letdown for anyone waiting yrs for this. Im not one of them thank god, I like a couple of space quest games, but the only one I loved was 5. I hope those who backed this love it though.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Great news! Thanks Tomimt Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

New update on Spaceventure:

We got a tremendous amount of helpful feedback from our beta testers. The game breaking bugs that were being experienced are fixed now and the game is feeling much better on the polish front as well. There is one thing that we have had to go back to the drawing board on. The Save/Load system. This feature, admittedly, has bedeviled us throughout development. With the rest of the game now complete, getting Save/Load working reliably is now our biggest focus.

The issue is with handling each scene’s setup at particular points in the scene. Some scenes have many different ‘states’. The challenge has been to get all the variables saved just right or the restored game get’s screwy.

So this is it everyone. The save load system is really the final big fix that needs to happen. The other items are small changes that we are knocking out each day. Once this is done, we are releasing the game.

I wasn’t a backer, but I’ve been following the development over the years and the roller coaster ride has been phenomenal. It does feel like 2021 might finally see the release.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do hope they drop another beta build before release. The previous version was still pretty buggy and considering the overhaul that is the save system, or lack of it, I can see things going wonky.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

New update today: SpaceVenture Kickstarter Update

The save/load system is still broken so they’re still not ready to give a release date. At this point they should just wait until the 10 year anniversary.

So we have a few more months of kickstarter comments entertainment.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

What? An update in November? I thought they only dropped these on April first.

But seriously, this is good. Looking forward.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

While I’m certain SV will be released at some point in a condition that is more or less fixed from the previous beta, it’s a damn shame they still keep limping with their communication. These updates have turned into a comedy of error ages ago.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

my fav Devs are reminding me of 3rd world order with all those delays, i hope they get it right, bc i am not sure they will be able to make an update if something is wrong.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

This project would seriously need some real PR person to work with.

I am not going to comment all the delays/bugs thing from the latest update, but this one paragraph made me read it several times to see if I’m reading it right:

“We do have some encouraging news on that though. In the next two weeks, a couple of our developers (one of which is the lead programmer) are going to get together in an office and put in some 16-18 hour days to try and solve these existing issues. We are feeling pretty confident that this will stamp out the remaining bugs on the system and get us where we need it to be for releasing the actual game.”

So they are saying that it’s “encouraging news” that programmers have to do some crunch time to fix bugs that haven’t been fixed in the past years?

Thumbs Up

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Considering how tone-deaf their communication has been for years, claiming something like crunch time as a positive thing is pretty much what you’d expect.

Not that any amount of crunch is the key to fixing this game. While they claimed to have fixed many bugs during this “extra” time, I can recall several others, some even game-breaking, they didn’t mention there.

But at least now I know why the game felt a tad poorly paced, given that they have just added in the final touches of narrative, which does kind of add an extra layer of insult over all of their claims of the game being “near ready” for years.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

after 10 years, all they need is 16-18 hours, they will have after in/after 2 weeks..
some strange logic to say the least

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

A point and click adventure game has been in development as long as stars citizen let that sink in and I don’t think either one will ever truly come out lol.

Plus tommit said the game was roughly 5 hrs. That means they completed only 30 minutes of gameplay for every year they were in development, that is awful.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This update reads, that their codebase is actually in even bigger shambles than I expected. I guess they barely follow any of the variables the gameplay triggers, which does also explain quite a few of the bugs I encountered, especially after loading a saved game. It’s hard to make a save system if you don’t know what you even want to save.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I think this project is charming, even if it never gets released. Just the idea of these two guys working on a game, kind of oblivious to the current world and the crap ventilator that is discourse on the internet.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

VGP - 26 July 2022 06:21 AM

I think this project is charming, even if it never gets released. Just the idea of these two guys working on a game, kind of oblivious to the current world and the crap ventilator that is discourse on the internet.

Totally agree! Who cares if they get it done? If they’re enjoying it, let them work on it for another 10, 20, hell 50 years Laughing

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top