• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Eurovision 2012

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Oh, come on, we need to have one of these on this forum too!

First semi is tonight, I’m going to watch even though we don’t have anyone in this one, and can’t vote. Grin
Haven’t paid attention to the songs this year, so don’t know anything about it before the semi, might come back with more thoughts after.

I hope the whole competition goes off without any problems. I fear for the international Eurovision fans who trekked there, with the site hacking and threats and all that.  Confused

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Unfortunatly the UK has Humperdinck as an entrant and not the one from The Princess Bride.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Aargh, I can’t believe Ireland sent Jedward, AGAIN!
Can they even afford Eurovision?

Otherwise I wish Israel had gone through, they had an interesting, quirky song.
Was surprised Moldova made it, their song was so Eastern-European, and they were in such a western group.

Finland had no chance at all, a traditional Swedish summer “vise”? Who voted in Finland this year?? Don’t get me wrong, it was a really cute song, and she had a nice voice, but there was just no chance of that appealing outside of the Nordic countries.

Albania was just.. That’s not a song it’s a vocal exercise!

San Marino tried to be Britain’s air hostess song from a few years back, Romania, Cyprus and Greece did traditional eurovision pop songs (and got through with them -.-), Russia is just having a lot of fun.

The 10 qualifiers:
Romania
Moldova
Iceland
Hungary
Denmark
Albania
Cyprus
Greece
Russia
Ireland

Was surprised both by the British entrant (I thought only young people watched Eurovision there, who voted for him?) and the Italian entrant, who actually seemed really good. (They show the countries who’re already qualified at the end of the voting)

While I’m linking things, Montenegro was just.. It was a joke, right??

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I haven’t watched anything Eurovision yet apart from the Swedish try outs. My son’s g/f though is giving me updates. She says San Marino was enbarrasing and the Russian ladies were very cute. Wink

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Panthera - 22 May 2012 05:30 PM

Was surprised both by the British entrant (I thought only young people watched Eurovision there, who voted for him?)

We haven’t actually had a say on our entry for the past couple of years.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

So, second semi, or “Contest of the Ballads” as it could just as well be called, sent these 10 countries through:

Lithuania
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Serbia
Ukraine
Sweden
FYR Macedonia
Norway
Estonia
Malta
Turkey
(Can’t seem to find the live versions of Lithuania, Bosnia & Herz and Norway)

I wanted Georgia, Slovenia and Slovakia to go through (besides Norway and Sweden who made it), but ended up with all the ballads I didn’t like..  Shifty Eyed

The Netherlands had the most wtf, Pan Gasp entry this time, though Turkey with its leather sailor and bat dancers take a good second on the wtf scale..

Also Ukraine has this year’s football song..

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Euphoria!  Laughing

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Oh dear Every still hates the UK in this political backslapping contest. (it’s not a song contest)

Humperdink came 2nd last.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Here’s a good cover of Euphoria:

As I said when the arranger posted the video on Facebook: All that’s missing is that the secret service man would break out in a dance routine. (It’s from our king’s birthday, and I know the arranger because he conducts the brass band where I play.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Lucien21 - 27 May 2012 05:37 AM

Oh dear Every still hates the UK in this political backslapping contest. (it’s not a song contest)

Humperdink came 2nd last.

Hey, Norway came in last (again!), and we got through from the semi!

At least we got to continue our record as the country with most last places..

I was happy Ireland got a lot fewer votes this year than last. Hopefully people are sick of Jedward.

Sad Italia didn’t get more votes. I still think that was the best song (though Sweden had my 10 points, and I think they deserved the win, it was a good song, weird choreography, but good song..), though her dress and hair was a bit of a let down from the music video.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top