• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkCarles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen - problem with saving

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-03-23

PM

Hi,

I am trying to play the game Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen. The game has somewhat messed up save/load system - seems to plague all the older Arxel Tribe games (so far I had it with The Legend of the Prophet and the Assassin, The Secrets of Alamut. The problem shows up by Pompei and Jerusalem as well, but for the latter two games it was repaired by unofficial (french) patch. I was able to finish the Prophet and Secrets by using autosave feature + continue instead of load, but Ring doesn’t allow this - probably because there are five different game characters or something…

There is a following error message: 
Warning: Cannot save game “Name” / Warning: Cannot load game “Name”.

I’m playing on a notebook, the problem shows on every OS I’ve tried to use, both natively (windows 8, 10)and emulated (3.1, Win95)

It doesn’t matter where the game is installed, be it in Program Files or C:\Ring.

I’ve updated the drivers recently and the directx is of the last version, too (but there are some files from direct 8 that I had to install for another older game).

Finally, I have two different versions of the game - DVD multilingual version and 4 CD CD version (eng).

There are two patches available, but the one is older than the replaced files of the both versions and the other is just an installer.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top